FM3 plus other multi-effect pedal

left-handedguit

Hi everyone,

I am used to play with an old Zoom multi-effect pedal combined with a combo amp.

Until I explore FM3 sounds (it will take long due to its possibilities), I want to take advantage of my FM3 II turbo, recording the dry signal and doing some re-amp.

I followed the instructions in the manual (page 39) and it worked (I will buy the Humbuster cables to reduce noises). I created in Cubase two tracks with dry (FM3) and wet (Zoom).

On the other hand, I selected an empty scene and insert several “in” and “outs” trying to follow the manual and it worked (In1-Out2-In2-Out1).

I only have two questions:

1. I want to split the output signal in 2 jacks, this way a can send one to the FM3 and the other to the combo (this way I can hear my guitar, not headphones). Do I need a DI or something to give strength to the signal? If yes, ¿could you give some recommendations?

2. Now it sounds, but maybe it is not the way it has to be done, are the layout grid blocks all right?

Sorry for my English. Thanks for your help.

Daniel

another way is to use a Splitter after your guitar before the FM3 and your Zoom/Multi effect/combo amp

I'd recommend the Lehle P-Split for this sort of stuff, high quality device, an A/B pedal would work otherwise, but might be noisy

are you trying to compare the zoom into the combo , compared to the zoom into the FM3 ?

otherwise you could put the splitter after the zoom unit, and then split out to the FM3 and the Combo amp

another way is to use a Splitter after your guitar before the FM3 and your Zoom/Multi effect/combo amp

I'd recommend the Lehle P-Split for this sort of stuff, high quality device, an A/B pedal would work otherwise, but might be noisy

are you trying to compare the zoom into the combo , compared to the zoom into the FM3 ?

otherwise you could put the splitter after the zoom unit, and then split out to the FM3 and the Combo amp
1. Many thanks for the recommendation, I have read great reviews about this device. I will give it a try, testing if I see any difference between a) just before the pedals and b) after the Zoom (splitting the output). Anyway you solved my doubt.
2. No, it is not the point. My priority is to record my guitar dry (Zoom does not have it) while I´m playing my favourite tone.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom