FM3 Nube. Trying for a simple Tweed Deluxe preset.

shimi

I'm going for an overdriven Tweed sound with a couple of customizations, any tips would be appreciated.
  • 'Out 1' Headphones
  • 'Out 2' Princeton ToneMaster Reverb (I don't get to play loud that often as I live in high-density housing)
  • 'In 2' is used for practicing with Spotify.
  • I make heavy use of the looper and dedicate the FM3's buttons for it.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 9.51.55 AM.png

Attachments

• Shimis Tweed Rig.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
It’s not necessary to use In 2 to route sound through the unit, it does it by default for USB sound inbound from the computer. See Section 3, and particularly “Playback”, in the manual.

You don’t say what OS you’re running, and that makes a difference in drivers and how you set up sending the sound to the modeler. On macOS there are no drivers, and it’s just a matter of selecting your output device, either in the System Settings or by clicking on the Speaker volume setting in the menu bar.

The Deluxe Tweed in real life is famous for its sound and notorious for the interaction of its controls, and Fractal’s model of it, being accurate, has the same traits. I use it as the basis for two presets, and the easiest way I found to get started with a good clean for it is to search the Wiki’s factory presets page for that amp and experiment with the ones that have “clean” in the description. Roll the guitar’s volume down to about 3-4 and you should be able to hear a nice clean sound, especially if you have a treble-bleed in your guitar.

Yek’s Amplifier Models page in the Wiki is a great starting place for learning about the amp.

BTW, you posted a question about the FM3 in the FM9 forum.

Last edited:
It’s not necessary to use In 2 to route sound through the unit, it does it by default for USB sound inbound from the computer. See Section 3, and particularly p. 24, “Playback”, in the manual.

You don’t say what OS you’re running, and that makes a difference in drivers and how you set up sending the sound to the modeler. On macOS there are no drivers, and it’s just a matter of selecting your output device, the FM3, either in the System Settings or by clicking on the Speaker volume setting in the menu bar.
Good info. I'm actually using an old phone to run Spotify as an analogue in.

Good info. I'm actually using an old phone to run Spotify as an analogue in.
Well, that’ll work, but using USB will result in a much better sound. It’s CD quality, and the odds are pretty good you already have the computer connected for use with Edit. It also will provide a signal directly to the computer if you choose to record, that doesn’t require multiple conversions from analog and digital.

Back
Top Bottom