Not a Bug FM3, No display on button led's

BryanS

After unboxing the unit, first time turning it on, it shows firmware 3.02. After booting up to the main display, it show presets, scenes etc. but no display name for a scene over each button but 3 --- in each LED. Doesn't matter if I change the preset, same problem. What's the problem??

I also see that there are no lights around the buttons lit. This unit is brand new, and I can't use it?? Someone please help me out!!

I also see that there are no lights around the buttons lit. This unit is brand new, and I can't use it?? Someone please help me out!!
On the front panel, press Home, knob E, hit Enter on FC, page right all the way to Layout defaults and press enter to load them.

Thanks Chris, I tried that and it allows me to create a preset. Each buttom labeled and lit up. How do I get the factory presets showing again and have them displayed in the button led's and lights. Don't the presets have each button already assigned for its function? Right now I would just like to plug and play, learning as I go. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, I tried that and it allows me to create a preset. Each buttom labeled and lit up. How do I get the factory presets showing again and have them displayed in the button led's and lights. Don't the presets have each button already assigned for its function? Right now I would just like to plug and play, learning as I go. Thanks
You didn't create a preset, you loaded the default Layouts.

You're probably on one of the Layouts that doesn't have presets.

You'll need to change layouts. I suggest reading the FM3 manual as a starting point. You can check page 8 for that.

Reactions: JTI
I have the same problem. Got my FM3 today. footswitches are 'empty'
I reloaded the default Layouts but nothing changed..
I can scroll through the layouts (E pot) but all the scribble strips remain (- - -). it's only when I get to Layout 9 (Mstr Layout) that the strips say: 'Layout 1, 2 and 3'.
When I go to the Edit page, it says that on every Layout the TAP and HOLD function is 'Unassigned', see photo.

Attachments

• Footswitch FM3 1.jpg
    Footswitch FM3 1.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 17
Hey guys, I had a superfast solution from G66!
here's the trick:

go to SETUP - >UTILITIES. Choose RESET and perform Reset System Parameters.
Then (under SETUP) go to FC Controllers/OnboardSwitches.
Navigate all to the right to RESET. Choose the first entry of the list and hit Enter.
it worked here!

Why is this necessary on new units and doesn't seem to be explained in the setup part of the manual? (Or is it?)

It happened to me too and definitely starts off the Fractal trip in a weird way....

Why is this necessary on new units and doesn't seem to be explained in the setup part of the manual? (Or is it?)

It happened to me too and definitely starts off the Fractal trip in a weird way....
The same is required for the FCs.

When I got my FC-12 it came with a printed sheet of paper that provided exact instructions to perform these steps.

I suspect people just ignore them...

The same is required for the FCs.

When I got my FC-12 it came with a printed sheet of paper that provided exact instructions to perform these steps.

I suspect people just ignore them...
My FM3 came with a sheet that explained layouts, views, etc.

Said nothing about a reset needed just for switches/displays to work.

Well, the FM3 is a computer and when some codes are updated it can act weird. I was really frustrated too, don't know what I would have done without the help from G66. Glad it got sorted and superglad it helped some of you guys too.
I just received a Laney LFR-112...You need one! It changes everything, now the FM3 sounds like the real thing :)

I got my FM3 last week and confirm the same thing; foot switches not active. It seems Fractal ships the FM3 with the foot switches "Unassigned" in setup. I somewhat figured it out on my own, but it was a bit strange at first. If I had not been using FM3-Edit, I probably would have been googling. I do not think any reset is necessary (for mine anyway), I just needed to "assign" the foot switches. The manual does not really spell this out, as far as I remember.

I have the same problem with mine. After I reset the footswitch layout it works but once I turn it off the settings don't return upon turning the unit back on. I've also installed all of the latest firmware. Has anyone who has sent their unit in able to give an estimate on cost of repairs or any other tricks or settings that might fix the problem? I'm out of warranty now unfortunately. This wasnt a bid deal for me when I was only using it hooked up to my computer but now that I'm trying to play live it's a no go.

I have the same problem with mine. After I reset the footswitch layout it works but once I turn it off the settings don't return upon turning the unit back on. I've also installed all of the latest firmware. Has anyone who has sent their unit in able to give an estimate on cost of repairs or any other tricks or settings that might fix the problem? I'm out of warranty now unfortunately. This wasnt a bid deal for me when I was only using it hooked up to my computer but now that I'm trying to play live it's a no go.
Do your other settings persist across power cycles?

for me it was a loose ribbon cable. I took it apart and it's all good now.

Back
Top Bottom