Fm3 MKII Turbo New user - Presets

Grindigo

Greetings

I am waiting for the UPS driver to hand me an FM3 MKII Turbo.

I was a kemper user for years and i still have my kemper stage. I want to dive in as fast as i can in the FM3. Who are the most known preset creators for FM3 so i can buy some of their patches as a quick start? For kemper there was MBritt who provides the kemper community with great profiles. Any FM3 Presets reccomendations ? ( I am kinda into Marshall JTM - Plexis and Matchless DC30 amps if that helps)

There are a few, go and look up Leon Todd on youtube for a start. I'm not sure buying presets instantly is the way to go. Would it not be better to get in there and have a go yourself at creating some presets? It's quite easy. I know choptones do some good paid for presets.

Don’t make the mistake thinking the presets are garbage like in other modelers or equipment from the past. The factory presets are very, very good. Find one you like, copy it to a user slot and tweak to your desire to get started quickly.

Last edited:
Before you buy anything:

Step 1: make sure you setup your inputs/outputs correctly.
Step 2: try the factory presets.
Step 3: If you cannot make at least some of those sound great, see step 1.

The first bank of Factory presets are pretty much showcasing the amps, scenes, and what making presets the FM3 for gigging could look like. Totally worth a real good look and trial before moving to vendors.

And I'm totally serious about the input and output levels. I liked the FM3 at first, but then once I realized I needed to lower the amp input level for my fishmens it was a whole new beast.

Before you buy anything:

Step 1: make sure you setup your inputs/outputs correctly.
Step 2: try the factory presets.
Step 3: If you cannot make at least some of those sound great, see step 1.

The first bank of Factory presets are pretty much showcasing the amps, scenes, and what making presets the FM3 for gigging could look like. Totally worth a real good look and trial before moving to vendors.

And I'm totally serious about the input and output levels. I liked the FM3 at first, but then once I realized I needed to lower the amp input level for my fishmens it was a whole new beast.
Interesting .. I hadn't had to tweak input/outputs for my fishmans (but that could also mean i'm missing something). Do you end up changing these values when you are playing with passive pickups or do you have a configuration that works great with both actives and passives?

The FM3 is super sensititive to what you plug into it, and what you plug it into. You can fine tune it for your guitars, your monitors (amp/headphones/FRFR), and also your environment (eg the power in your country).

Leon Todd has a great video on getting started with the FM9, and the concepts translate well to the FM3. Also, grab his BLock Library while your at it - this makes dialling in your own presets easy!

I also have the FM3 Turbo and have found Marco Fanton and Moke’s presets to be excellent. But if you have the patience to dial in directly, Youtube has some excellent Fractal content from Leon Todd, Brett Kingman, Jon Kaneshiro and G66 among others. Even if the video is mainly for the Axe 3 or FM9, you can still get very close tones with the FM3 MK II.

Greetings

I am waiting for the UPS driver to hand me an FM3 MKII Turbo.

I was a kemper user for years and i still have my kemper stage. I want to dive in as fast as i can in the FM3. Who are the most known preset creators for FM3 so i can buy some of their patches as a quick start? For kemper there was MBritt who provides the kemper community with great profiles. Any FM3 Presets reccomendations ? ( I am kinda into Marshall JTM - Plexis and Matchless DC30 amps if that helps)
Like others have said-Many presets are as good and SOME BETTER than anything you will buy! Yes some good preset makers, many free, like Burgs, Leon Todd and others. Just because someone makes and sells presets does NOT make them automatically BETTER than the factory presets.
I guess maybe other modelers had garbage presets-otherwise I do NOT understand this thinking!

Interesting .. I hadn't had to tweak input/outputs for my fishmans (but that could also mean i'm missing something). Do you end up changing these values when you are playing with passive pickups or do you have a configuration that works great with both actives and passives?
I'm pretty much only using my Fishman loaded guitar atm but did plug in my passive guitars yesterday. They seem to sound pretty good at my current input trim setting of around 0.5. However, some amps do respond better to me raising the trim again. Overall though I think the passives respond better to the active pickup settings rather than active pickups to the passive pickup settings.

Also, I play all ranges from clean to mean.

You can check a factory patches runthroug that Frank Steffen Mueller did, it gives a good idea what's possible with these 😉
Here's the first video of 3 or 4, don't remember anymore :

Back
Top Bottom