FM3 MK I vs FM3 MK II

sol

Hey guys, I have to choose between buying a used FM3 (older mk1) and a new FM3 mkii. I just wanted to know if they sound exactly the same? It just says that the newer model has 10% more CPU. But in some youtube video I have heard someone say that the newer fm3 sounds better. Does anyone here who has used both confirm that indeed is true or not? Thank you.

Hey guys, I have to choose between buying a used FM3 (older mk1) and a new FM3 mkii. I just wanted to know if they sound exactly the same? It just says that the newer model has 10% more CPU. But in some youtube video I have heard someone say that the newer fm3 sounds better. Does anyone here who has used both confirm that indeed is true or not? Thank you.
Not true.
The difference is more cpu power (10%, I guess you can add 1 block or increase the reverb quality) and the larger footswitch displays.
Sound-wise they're identical

Reactions: sol
Not true.
The difference is more cpu power (10%, I guess you can add 1 block or increase the reverb quality) and the larger footswitch displays.
Sound-wise they're identical
Thanks for confirming. Is there a limitation for reverb quality on the older FM3? Lets say I have just 3 blocks, Amp - Cab - Reverb, can I set the reverb block to the highest quality on the fm3 mk1? Or is the highest quality restricted to mk2?

Thanks for confirming. Is there a limitation for reverb quality on the older FM3? Lets say I have just 3 blocks, Amp - Cab - Reverb, can I set the reverb block to the highest quality on the fm3 mk1? Or is the highest quality restricted to mk2?
no restrictions at all, you can set highest quality on both. Only the CPU value will change accordingly

Back
Top Bottom