Fm3 Input2 produces buzz

FatBoy99

I was listening through headphones out today and it was just very different from usual, very horrible sounding. So I tested thouroughly and found quite an extreme buzz coming from input 2. Input 1 is crystal clear. Here's the schematic:

Guitar-instrument cable-input2-output1: buzz. There are no effects in between.

Guitar-instrument cable-input1-output1: no issue at all.

Using left only and right only each creates a different kind of buzz. I've tried the other options and nothing deletes the buzz. Input pad is set to 0, and maxing out does not help.

Did some searching through the forum, and this guy seems to have experienced the same issue as me. They have soundclips that sound exactly like mine. I can't post links yet, so if you search
"heavily dithered sound when using input 2" in the forum, you'll find his sound samples. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Parameter resetting seemed to fix it for this guy but it didn't work for me.

To my ears, I think it sounds something like when you connect a ts cable to a trs only input. Is my fm3 suddenly recognizing my instrument cable as a balanced input? Is there a way to undo this?

I have to add, I changed nothing in the settings before this issue appeared. It just appeared out of nowhere.

Yes I am! Does it just happen by and by? How do you fix it? Does it fix itself eventually?
I have to turn the unit on and off, it doesn’t always fix the first time though. No changes and , the bug happens at power on. I’ve been trying to isolate it for a fix, but no luck. Seems to affect only Input 2.

I have to turn the unit on and off, it doesn’t always fix the first time though. No changes and , the bug happens at power on. I’ve been trying to isolate it for a fix, but no luck. Seems to affect only Input 2.
Hmm. That's gonna be an issue since I'm planning to replace this as my live gig unit. Have you tried keeping input2 disconnected when powering on? Could that be a fix?

Back
Top Bottom