FM3 in 4CM?

I know it seems like no one cares and this question still has never been answered from what I can find even though it's been asked a few times...

Can the FM3 be used in 4cm (4 cable method) with a regular amp? I have a Diezel VH4 which I love and would like to use this as a dedicated effects unit and MIDI channel switching but I'm not sure if that's possible or if it will be as good as the FX8 in terms of sound transparency.

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks!

I know it seems like no one cares and this question still has never been answered from what I can find even though it's been asked a few times...

Can the FM3 be used in 4cm (4 cable method) with a regular amp? I have a Diezel VH4 which I love and would like to use this as a dedicated effects unit and MIDI channel switching but I'm not sure if that's possible or if it will be as good as the FX8 in terms of sound transparency.

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks!
the owner's manual details this setup.

No one can answer your question till the FM3 gets out in the wild... I suspect the FX8 would be the better option, but lets see how it goes

It will definitely work in 4CM with MIDI implementation to switch amp channels. Like others have said, the manual details that type of setup. I don't know if there was quite as much emphasis put on AD / DA converter quality with the FM3 design as there was with the FX8. I suspect it will be very good, I just don't know if it will be quite as transparent as the FX8 is.

Thankfully, I am in a situation where I will get to add the FM3 to the arsenal without having to sell my beloved FX8. I anticipate that it might be useful to offload some of the effects duties to the FX8 to enable a kitchen sink type preset.

Anyone got a preset or template they use for 4CM to toggle between your amps preamp and the FM3 preamps? Also want to use the FM3 effects pre and post

I’ve been struggling to find a way to use the FM3 in 4CM with my amp. My goal is to use it the same way I use my HX Stomp. That is, toggle between my amps preamp, and the preamps within the FM3, while using the FM3’s effects into the front of my amp, and the FX loop. I’ve seen Leon Todd’s videos and they have helped me, but don’t really nail it the way I was hoping to use this unit. Seemed like he used different presets to accomplish what I’m talking about. I’d prefer to have the option all within one preset and just change scenes.

I’ve recently converted over from the HX Stomp, which I’ve successfully used in 4CM as I described. I was really hoping the FM3 would be a better option but I haven’t found a way to do what I was doing with the HX Stomp. Unfortunately there are no presets or templates built in and I can’t find any on the Ax Exchange either.

I am impressed at how good the FM3 sounds direct into a PA, so don’t get me wrong. I’m just struggling to find a way to completely replace the HX Stomp at the moment. Any help or preset template from the experts would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom