FM3 Glitches when Changing Reverbs and Delays in Scenes

jwoertz

Inspired
Hey guys- what am I missing here with my FM3 Turbo patches....? I have some scenes where I change the reverb and delay types between A-B-C-D. When those changes happen, the new scene gets a full signal from the previously-loaded delays and reverbs and "glitches" (makes weird sounds) until that part of the old signal fades off. How can I fix this?

The CPU usage is low at 65% on my entire patch. It never goes higher.

Thanks for your help!

This is user error. When you change types you are literally updating the parameters of the effect and you are hearing the changes in real time. With delays you can avoid this by swapping between Delay 1 and Delay 2 to use different delay effects in the same preset. Reverbs we only have one but you can fake a second reverb if needed using the Plex Delay.

Hey guys- what am I missing here with my FM3 Turbo patches....? I have some scenes where I change the reverb and delay types between A-B-C-D. When those changes happen, the new scene gets a full signal from the previously-loaded delays and reverbs and "glitches" (makes weird sounds) until that part of the old signal fades off. How can I fix this?

The CPU usage is low at 65% on my entire patch. It never goes higher.

Thanks for your help!

This problem has been reported many times over the years. You get zombie echoes from whenever you were last on that channel, which can be a real problem if you weren't expecting them. There have been some suggestions made for how FAS could fix it. IMHO the buffer should be cleared whenever the delay type on the block changes, for example via a channel switch.

In the mean time, the only workaround is to use a pair of blocks with bypass mode set to mute in, then switch back and forth between bypassing the two blocks. Alternatively, change presets (with no spillover) instead of scenes.

This is user error. When you change types you are literally updating the parameters of the effect and you are hearing the changes in real time. With delays you can avoid this by swapping between Delay 1 and Delay 2 to use different delay effects in the same preset. Reverbs we only have one but you can fake a second reverb if needed using the Plex Delay.
Not sure it's exactly user error. It's not like I haven't been doing this forever.

Back
Top Bottom