[Solved] FM3 factory “Preset” footswitch layout issue

Bluc69

Good morning everyone, I have an issue with the factory “Preset” footswitch layout.
This morning I updated the firmware to version 9.0 beta 1.
I then decided to reset the footswitch layouts to the factory settings.
After the reset, I reloaded the Factory Layouts, but the Preset layout doesn't seem to load correctly.
No matter which bank I'm on, the displays show "Empty," and pressing the switches doesn't allow me to change presets.
If I enter the switch programming menu in FM3 Edit, it seems that the settings are correct, but nothing works. The other layouts, however, work normally.
Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Post a screen shot of FM3 Edit, showing your Presets layouts...

I suspect the "choose/select in bank" function is missing.

Thank you both.
I have done "Refresh New Firmware" but nothing happened.
This is a screen shot of FM3 Edit, I hope it could help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-07 alle 15.01.10.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-07 alle 15.01.10.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 15
Actually, something looks wrong with your FM3 Screenshot ... the rest of the views should be "loaded" but greyed out, however in your shot they are just blank.

What FW did you have loaded prior to FW9b?

Do you have FW8 handy? Assuming preset selection worked in FW8 (I'm sure it did!)? If not, let me know and I will post the FW8 Layouts here. Try reloading the Factory layouts again on the unit itself?

Perhaps reload FW8, export all layouts, and then load FW9 again.

You could try and load the DM5 custom layouts I posted in the forums recently albeit these are set up to work with an external two button footswitch) , but if these don't work, you might have to roll back as far as necessary to get them working, and then start moving forward again ...

Last edited:
Thank you Doogz, I have already done all the things you suggest, I will try to reinstall firmware 8.0.
I have never downgraded my FM3 to an older firmware: could I just reinstall it with Fractal Bot or I must do something different?

Here is my backup of the FW8.0 layouts ... try importing these using the FM3 Edit > Layouts Edit > Import all Layouts.

If this doesn't work, reload FW8 using FM3 Edit. You can use FM3 Edit or Fractal Bot, but only have one open at a time, not both. I usually use FM3 Edit and it is fine.

You use the same FW loading process every time. The FM3 doesn't care whether it is a newer or an older firmware, albeit newer firmwares may be a two-step process (e.g. for FM9.0b, which requires the loading of new Dynacabs not present in earlier versions).

I hope this helps ...

Attachments

• all-layouts_20240416_062456.fclayout
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
Mmmm, there's definitely something wrong!
I tried your file and nothing changed.
Then I tried downgrading to firmware 8.0, but the FM3 gives me a transfer error.
I tried several times but without success... any suggestion?

Maybe revert to the previous official firmware and re-initialize the layouts again?

Or try another factory reset and then do it.

Something is definitely wrong there.

I performed a hard reset (rebooting the machine by pressing "Page Left" and "Page Right") and managed to reload the 8.0 firmware.
Despite this, the "Preset" layout still doesn't work... I don't know what else to do!

I performed a hard reset (rebooting the machine by pressing "Page Left" and "Page Right") and managed to reload the 8.0 firmware.
Despite this, the "Preset" layout still doesn't work... I don't know what else to do!
Did you re-initialize the layouts?

If so, at this point I would contact Fractal support.

I think so, but I’m not sure which parameter was. I did a MIDI factory reset and the problem disappears.

Back
Top Bottom