FM3-Edit Macbook M1

Help - just purchase my FM3. Downloaded the FM3-Edit and made the USB connection. In the FM3-Edit I can see the selected Preset from the FM3. I can change the FM3 Preset and that change will show on the FM3-Edit screen.

I cannot click on buttons and have them change. Most of the buttons cannot be clicked on from the laptop. For example, in Settings, only Pause Communications and View are clickable.

The bottom of the screen indicates the is Reading Block Definitions, which keep changing. Do I need to wait for these Block Definitions to be read before I can use the software?

Help - just purchase my FM3. Downloaded the FM3-Edit and made the USB connection. In the FM3-Edit I can see the selected Preset from the FM3. I can change the FM3 Preset and that change will show on the FM3-Edit screen.

I cannot click on buttons and have them change. Most of the buttons cannot be clicked on from the laptop. For example, in Settings, only Pause Communications and View are clickable.

The bottom of the screen indicates the is Reading Block Definitions, which keep changing. Do I need to wait for these Block Definitions to be read before I can use the software?
Yeah. Let it do its thing.

Welcome to the forum!

It's important to pay attention to the messages the editor posts, especially when there's a progress bar. The initial startup of any of Fractal's modelers and their associated editor requires the editor to read all the blocks and their default parameters, which it then caches on your disk. It takes approximately 1.5 minutes to run on my FM3, so be patient and let it finish, as the information it's gathering is important to using the software editor.

Occasionally, when Fractal issues an update to the firmware and editor, you'll see this step occur as it refreshes.

And, if you're ever using the editor and the parameters are missing after installing just a firmware update, then look for an update to the editor, because they almost update in step. Sometimes the editor will lag the firmware by a couple days as the team syncs screens and features to the new firmware. If you didn't update the firmware, then you can force the editor to rebuild its information from its Settings menu.

yes. if it doesn't complete that, you won't be changing the correct things. so just wait.

Back
Top Bottom