FM3 Dual Delay Conversion from AxeFX3

Bill-RTP

Inspired
Greetings all!

I somewhat recently picked up the FM3 mainly as a backup unit to my AxeFX3 during gigging. I've found that I'm actually using the FM3 much more than I thought I would have, and just love the capabilities! One issue I have run into is when saving AxeFX3 patches and importing them into the FM3, the Dual Delay (which I use a lot) changes the delay times. This really isn't a huge issue as I can pretty easily just change those delay times after importing, but I'm one of those people that uses a different patch per song, and leads to quite a bit of extra work to make sure things are where they should be.

As an example I usually set the dual delay to around 500ms on one, and 450ms on the other. After importing the preset, one will be at 500ms, and the other around 1200ms.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there some remediation other than manually adjusting the delay times?

Thanks!

Bill

Which Firmware versions are you running on both devices? There was a bug in the FM3 awhile back that set the Master Time parameter to 25% rather than 100% when importing presets.

Which Firmware versions are you running on both devices? There was a bug in the FM3 awhile back that set the Master Time parameter to 25% rather than 100% when importing presets.
It isn't that bug, it's something different. I set the values to 1000 ms and 1001 ms, and after translation got 1000 and 2001 respectively, using all the latest versions.

I flagged it with the team.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there some remediation other than manually adjusting the delay times?
The Edit app has a kinda-hidden feature to allow setting a parameter to the same value across multiple presets at one time. You can specify whether it affects a single channel or all channels in the presets it touches.

From the Wiki:

Parameter Batch Set​

The editors provide a hidden Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu, then select "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select one (like the current one) or multiple presets to batch set the parameter value.

Note that the Batch Setter only saves the current parameter value and dismisses other edits which haven't been saved yet.

I've used it to set specific values in all channels in the current preset when I was feeling curious and lazy. It's helpful when you have all four channels assigned to the same type but with different values, and you want to make one particular parameter the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom