FM3 and Morningstar MC8

Hi guys, bought an MC8 for my FM3 and it took me a while to get it working, however I think something is still not right. The Fractal integration mode does not work at all. I get a message on the MC8 saying "no device found". I was successfully programming single button switches (I can toggle effects on and off & select scenes) on the MC8, however also there the communication is not perfect. The switches on the MC8 work in toggle mode (i.e. drive on and off) but: I would like to use the "toggle name", but when I load another scene where i.e the mode of a block is changed the toggle name on the MC8 does not change. It seems like it's not receiving messages from the FM3 correct. Also I would like to change banks on the MC8 when switching to another preset. I tried with the midiblock sending a msg in chan 2 but nothing reacted...Do you guys have any advice?

FM 3 is in channel 1, MC8 in channel 2 (I already tried both in #1 - problem was the same)
midi thru “OFF”.
send real time Sysex “ON”.
Send midi PC Chan 2

Any hints? Thanks so much guys!

Let us know. In the same boat. Morningstar support was incredible over email- but I have a zero tolerance for using my computer app to program midi.... it’s just me.... I had a boss es8 and found it great to program manually—— no computer. Kind of hate Morningstars app even though I know it’s good, I find it ridiculously confusing and just.... a pain in the ass.

could not get the Morningstar to listen to the FM3 yet... have found a workaround with 4 fixed scenes in one row and effect toggles in the other row... I don't have a visual on the Morningstar about the toggle status but I can live that...

Back
Top Bottom