FM3 4cm with two devices (7CM)?

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi All,

I am doing a small home studio rig with the FM3; I currently have it running great in 4CM with one amp but I am probably going to get a second amp (don't actually have it yet; Christmas) and was thinking about sharing the FM3 between the two amps so wanted to do my homework on that in anticipation of the new amp.

@Deadpool_25 had a thread about doing this here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/7cm-with-fm3.171829/

My use case is different than his though... I would NOT be running both amps at the same time. I would just like my whole signal chain to be essentially 'mono' (since my amps are not stereo amps) and be able to use only amp1 sometimes and then other times I would use only amp2 but just don't want to recable everything to use the FM3 with both.

Are there any special considerations there? My current 4CM rig is using the left side for everything (in2, out2, out1) and the new amp would go to the right.

Anyone have any advice or experiences for this kind of setup?

Interesting. You can cable everything (with one amp using L and the other using R) and just set your outputs to be mono then turn on whichever amp you want to use. The primary consideration there would be ensuring your outputs are configured correctly which should be very easy. 👍

Awesome... that is what I was hoping to hear. I do not want to screw around with cables when messing with one amp or the other and I'd really rather not buy a mixer just for this or have to dedicate a new processor to the second amp just to have some FX. I would probably setup a couple of presets for each amp and then switch scenes to do different FX setups that is how I am playing with the current amp and it is great.

Back
Top Bottom