FM 3 Preset add Ambient, 1 EXP pedal help please.

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,
Very simple 4 scene patch. I am now down to 1 EXP pedal, used to have 2 and trying to figure out how this will work.
I have the WAH active for Scenes 2,3,4......and for Scene 1 I need to bring in some ambient wash......I am having a very hard time without hitting CPU limit. Anyone care to take a stab at that block or add a block that will add ambient wash via the EXP pedal ?

I use the WAH on channel B for scenes 2,3,4. CRUNCH/NASTY/LEAD
I use Channel A for Scene 1. A on the Ambient block (Plus Delay)

Is this the method used for multiple effects control with 1 EXP pedal in a single preset ?
Thanks

Attachments

• BUDDA TWIN.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
the Channel select in the Modifier screen is the way to go.

i've been using the MultiDelay block set to Diffusor even on the Axe3 for my ambient stuff. not sure exactly what "ambient" means for you, but give it a try. CPU usage is pretty low.

Hi,
I think that is what I have done ?? lol not totally sure as I fumble around :)
By ambient I mean nice sweets... thx

I like that MD, with Diffusor, thanks ! I typo on Swells, lol
Something I have always struggled with is blending in swells or ambient with a EXP pedal. Do you tie the modifier to
Volume or MIX ??
Also, please have a look at my settings is this correct for, auto engage , Heel down is off,
pedal is a EV5 if that matters,
thx

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 4.10.05 PM.png

I like that MD, with Diffusor, thanks ! I typo on Swells, lol
Something I have always struggled with is blending in swells or ambient with a EXP pedal. Do you tie the modifier to
Volume or MIX ??
Also, please have a look at my settings is this correct for, auto engage , Heel down is off,
pedal is a EV5 if that matters,
thx
i wouldn't use mix, that can mess with the dry levels.

most people use Input Gain on the bottom right for swell control. this just adjusts the amount of signal going into the block and the max value respects all mix, level and other settings without going over.

Back
Top Bottom