Flat pedal board for AX8

chrisjnyc

Power User
Anyone know of a flat board that can fit an AX8 and one exp pedal? Ideally it would come with a gig bag. I have a pedal train board, but I find the incline is awkward for the height of the 2nd row of AX8 buttons... Also, I cant get used to using a wah on the incline.

I was thinking to get a piece of thick aluminum to mount everything... but still need a gig bag to carry it around....

I just use a rolling laptop bag (Targus). It holds my AX8, my expression pedal (EV-1), wires, and a small tool kit (never gig without it). With so little to set up, I see no reason to add to the weight or bulk. I can set ups my rig in < 5 minutes. I'm not knocking the pedalboard thing, but why bother with it? The Targus I have has a retractable handle so I can just drag it to a gig. Guitar case in one hand, and the laptop bag in the other. I just make one trip from car to stage. :D In my case, it is usually the roadie's week off so I move my gear the old school way. I haul my own stuff.

I just use a rolling laptop bag (Targus). It holds my AX8, my expression pedal (EV-1), wires, and a small tool kit (never gig without it). With so little to set up, I see no reason to add to the weight or bulk. I can set ups my rig in < 5 minutes. I'm not knocking the pedalboard thing, but why bother with it? The Targus I have has a retractable handle so I can just drag it to a gig. Guitar case in one hand, and the laptop bag in the other. I just make one trip from car to stage. :D In my case, it is usually the roadie's week off so I move my gear the old school way. I haul my own stuff.

Yea, I lug mine in a laptop backpack, but would like to be able to have the wireless and exp pedal already connected to shave off some time

Go to the nearest lumber yard. Pedalboards of all sizes come in conveniently sized sheets. I’m sure they would cut it to any size you need.

Go to the nearest lumber yard. Pedalboards of all sizes come in conveniently sized sheets. I’m sure they would cut it to any size you need.

Agree with this. I did it myself and then just painted it. Put a couple of holes in the front so I can stick three glides for a chair (what you put on the bottom when you don't want a rolling caster) to elevate the front three inches. I already had a case though so I just sized to that. As Cliff's modeling has gotten so much better, I don't use as many pedals any more though.

I just got a Flat Trash board from Trailer Trash and it is nice. It has a metal boarder and a nice top. It’s dimensions are 28 x 16. It will fit the Ax8 and two expression pedals. The next size smaller should be what your looking for. The only issue is the hard case it is a little to big for my liking. Peter at Trailer Trash said they will be making some new soft cases in the future. If they do I may pick one up.

I use a 24x12 flat trash board. I fit my Ax8 and a ev1 on it. I use a gator bag made for a small mixer to carry it. My buddy bought a cool flat board with a case on eBay. Think he searched for flat 24x12 pedal boards

Anyone know of a flat board that can fit an AX8 and one exp pedal? Ideally it would come with a gig bag. I have a pedal train board, but I find the incline is awkward for the height of the 2nd row of AX8 buttons... Also, I cant get used to using a wah on the incline.

I was thinking to get a piece of thick aluminum to mount everything... but still need a gig bag to carry it around....

I think Brady Cases will make a custom sized flat board and has several pre-made flat boards.
https://www.bradycases.com/collections/music/products/flat-board

Also, I have his case for the Pt-3 and the quality is awesome!

~ss

Like the the OP, I didn't like the AX8 on a slant, plus, it wouldn't fit in the case. So, I made my own flat board from a piece of plywood, painted black, glued on a rat fur-like material (Velcro receptive) and added two Home Depot cabinet handles. It was sized to fit perfectly in one of my existing Pedal Train hard cases, and keeps everything including my expression pedal, Furman Power conditioner (good for janky power sources) and my little IEM case too.
tuQRZuYlQrsihxNV2
tuQRZuYlQrsihxNV2

AX8 Board.jpg

Yep I made my own also. Cost less than 20.00 and looks great, as I also didn't like the incline of a the AX8 on a pedaltrain BUT then I found I rather have the Ax8 and my 2 expression pedals on the ground instead of 'attached' to my pedalboard. I carry them in a suitcase I got for free to all my gigs. There's of course loads of more expensive ways but this works perfectly and looks great

Eric

Back
Top Bottom