First time using FM9 with the band

golfnut

Got to bring the FM9T to the rehearsal today. The bass player, who was a guitar player but went on the bass so I could join the band, was completely impressed. He said he knew lots about the Fractal stuff, but this was the first time he was ever in the room with one.
The unit has exceeded my expectations. You'd think I had 4 or 5 different tube amps behind. And that cranked amp sound at low volumes is just amazing.
This is not my first attempt at going digital but its the first time where I can see these replacing my tube amps for gigging.
I have it set up pretty well with all volumes where they need to be. Just a couple of tweaks I'll make tonight. I believe the FR12 is really a part of that tube amp in a room vibe I'm getting. Next time I rehearse I'll not even bring the FR12. Just straight in to his board. Probably won't sound quite as good but all I have to lug is the FM9 and a guitar is going to be great.
Playing an outside gig on the 17th. Can't wait.

I don't even gig my EV PXM-12MP anymore. I just go Out1 left to mixer FOH and get a feed back to stage monitors. Bassist and drums don't mind and singer is on IEMs.
To a gig, I basically bring FM9, 3 guitars, and extra cords, etc. It's been glorious.

I'm glad you're getting along well with your FM9.

Back
Top Bottom