First thing you did outside of scrolling presets with your new AFX?

I downloaded a bunch of presets from Axechange and was blown away how you just can switch so easily between every sound you like :D Next thing was building my own real rig (Mark V) into the axe. The funny thing is that i play my beloved rig preset far less than some other really cool presets. Probably cause it's refreshing :)

Built a patch with a mesa and diezel in it to see how close I could get to Hetfields tone, then followed up with a diezel marshall patch for Adam Jones, then Diezel only for Muse, and finally played with a Friedman for a while and decided I really liked that amp. The basis for most of my tones now are the mesa, diezel or the friedman. Man this black box is awesome! I also downloaded some patches from Axe-Exchange although I didn't like most of them for my playing style, and grabbed some IR's. It was probably a 6 hour sitting. My second session was running through the stock stuff. The little magic box showed up a few days after Christmas which was nice as my wife and son were preoccupied with other things, giving me lots of time to experiment.

I scrolled through less than 10 presets and started making my own (this was back in the ultra days) I have had tons of gear with presets over the last 20 years and I have never used a factory reset in my life. I just create and go

Took me the first three afternoons to scroll and play through all the factory presets.

Then I made my first couple of "my signature sound" headphone patches.

Then an fx only patch with extra pedals on the loop to play thru the front of an combo amp.

Then a guitar & bass at the same time patch( thanks to Katsukuri videos) to jam with my wife (she plays bass) both using headphones.

Then a "live" patch ( no cab sim) to rehearse and gig with my band using a power amp and 4x12

Then the same "live patch" but Output 1>FOH Output 2 > power amp/cab

Next will be IR capture and tone matching of my Marshall half stack!

I installed Axe Edit and connected USB to make editing A LOT easier. I also moved all the factory presets back a couple of banks, so I had blank user presets at the front instead of the end of the preset list.

My favorite factory preset is the last one, Bypass. All my presets are based on it. :lol

I RTFM front to back. Then, started tweaking blocks and changing the order of them to see how the tone was affected. Then, recording the Axe to see how it sounds through my recording rig. My current amp faves are the Dumbles and Soldano's but, really, all the amps and cabs are very well done. There's lots of rocket sauce in this little black box and I'm seriously digging it.

Yep clean slate, I like to create my own tones I've always done that with every thing I've owned. It works out fine, I've tried the stock presets and other peoples presets they tend to never work for me. Everyone has different guitars, pickups and we all play differently so for me a clean unit with no influence allows me to create what tones I want.

I actually have saved one preset that's a template of how I route my chain so when I create a patch I just use that and it makes it a lot quicker for me as well.

made up from scratch a nice clean-to-break Fender patch with some bloomy verb. Originally with a Twin on my Ultra and on the II, but then the 'Superb' (Super Reverb) came along and that was that...

Took me the first three afternoons to scroll and play through all the factory presets.

Then I made my first couple of "my signature sound" headphone patches.

Then an fx only patch with extra pedals on the loop to play thru the front of an combo amp.

Then a guitar & bass at the same time patch( thanks to Katsukuri videos) to jam with my wife (she plays bass) both using headphones.

Then a "live" patch ( no cab sim) to rehearse and gig with my band using a power amp and 4x12

Then the same "live patch" but Output 1>FOH Output 2 > power amp/cab

Next will be IR capture and tone matching of my Marshall half stack!

Nice! Link us up to the kat vids!

1. Compared it to my Boss GT-8.
2. Put my GT-8 in the closet.

:devilish:

Hahahaha!

I installed Axe Edit and connected USB to make editing A LOT easier. I also moved all the factory presets back a couple of banks, so I had blank user presets at the front instead of the end of the preset list.

My favorite factory preset is the last one, Bypass. All my presets are based on it. :lol

How did you move them all? That's the first thing I want to do!

Back
Top Bottom