First recording with my Axe-FX. Thrash metal style.

metalxguy

This is just a sample of a thrash metal recording project I'm gonna be working with, but more importantly is one of the first recordings of using my new axe-fx standard. I love this thing and the patch I dialed in is a JCM800 with a drive first in the chain. This was with my mexican fender strat with a humbucker in the bridge. The song isn't complete and the clean section at the end is just a "me recording it so I don't forget it" situation. Hence it just having a kick to keep tempo with. The clean will eventually be placed into the song better once I finish writing and recording it all probably this weekend. I'll make sure to post it when it's done. Enjoy guys, I don't think it's not too bad sounding for my first shot with Axe. I love this thing.

http://soundcloud.com/metalxguy/thrashy-not-done

Nice tight picking there dude! Enjoy your Axe -- make sure to get the software and download everyone else's patches. There are so many great patch designers who share freely with us peasants and you'll find some custom patches that will fit your tastes very close to perfect.

Back
Top Bottom