First gig with the AX8 tonight!

Dealmaker

Inspired
So the FXII is being left at home tonight and the AX8 is getting its live debut.....

It's a private function/party with 300 or so in the crowd so not too much pressure but I still hope it performs well. I've redone all my FXII presets for specific songs and had to ditch the second reverb for shimmer on some songs...but not an issue really. If it all goes well I will use it for a larger more discerning audience next weekend.

I'm hoping I can remember the right order for pressing F switches and regular switches in the heat of battle! But let's see........wish me luck!

Good luck brother!
I just got mine and am in the process of getting some of my most used patches set up in the AX8.

So the FXII is being left at home tonight and the AX8 is getting its live debut.....

It's a private function/party with 300 or so in the crowd so not too much pressure but I still hope it performs well. I've redone all my FXII presets for specific songs and had to ditch the second reverb for shimmer on some songs...but not an issue really. If it all goes well I will use it for a larger more discerning audience next weekend.

I'm hoping I can remember the right order for pressing F switches and regular switches in the heat of battle! But let's see........wish me luck!
good luck dude.

Good luck mate. Gigged mine for the first time Wednesday night. Smaller gig than yours but went really well. Was definitely missing an expression pedal but now they are back in stock at g66 (black ev-1) I have one on route.

I noticed I had to dial back my bass on my clean patches at the venue but that may have been down to the venue as it had a low roof but it sounded absolutely killer!

Good luck again for tonight

I will be playing my third Ax8 gig tonight. So far, it has been great. Easy to use and the sound is great.

I think SetList maker and an iPad is a great way to manage presets on stage. You can even use it to write notrs for the scenes in each song. I have 40+ song specific presets, and although I all my scenes are ordered by the same paradigm, it still helps to have a few text notes about whar they do.

By now, I guess, your gig is finished. I hope it went well. I suspect, it went fantastic :p

Guys,

Thanks for the good wishes.

Gig went faultlessly. The AX8 was great - no one noticed any difference tone-wise from my FXII - but thats a good thing I guess! Set up was a breeze - one less thing to load in and a few less cables to connect....so probably 25% faster set up than with the FXII. I need to play with a couple of presets to get more "cut"...and a few of my "boosts" need tweaking (one was too loud ...but most weren't loud enough) - which I will do now based on last night's performance - so hopefully next weeks gig will be even better again. Very pleased thus far. I could use the "bank" number flashing up on the screen briefly to assist when change banks/presets as I struggled a little at times seeing the tiny text of the "List" screen in each bank.......but hopefully that will come with a future update.

I think if I had one wish it would be for an iPhone APP to allow wireless tweaking of certain main parameters of the presets/blocks (would have come in handy last night).....but thats a luxury rather than a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom