First gig with new (used) FX8

Sorbz62

Hi guys,

I have many amps, an FM3 and a massive pedalboard that weighs a ton. Having just joined a new band and having read about the FX8, I pulled the plug and bought one off a guitar forum here in the UK.

For this gig my Marshall JVM410H seemed like the best option, so I connected the FX8 after resetting it but initially had real problems with its series/parallel loop but after some experimentation I got it sounded pure on and bypassed with unity gain. The only other thing was having a delay or reverb added and phasing issues but that was also solved by making them kill-dry and parallel. Finally a happy camper.

Now to the gig. Easy setup with a look I built with humbuster cables and midi to control the JVM. I have 4 presets - Clean, Crunch, Dirty and Lead - and they all sounded fantastic. All of them had varying delays, drive, chorus, phaser and wah and I could not have been happier. I have 2 expression pedals, one to auto-engage the wah and the other for either volume or delay level depending on preset.

Overall then, I'm very happy and will stop rotating pedals on my heavy board. Decision made - no more GAS!

Cheers,
Jim

Attachments

• 20221022_193618.jpg
    20221022_193618.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
Well done, congratulations, I have the same, but I play in stereo with two Fender HotRod combos. Sounds wonderful, from the Stones, The Kinks, AC / DC to The Shadows... Cheers!

Yeah, the FX8 is an AMAZING piece of gear!!

I had purchased two of them to just keep them put away until I need one of them as a back-up for my main FX8.

I am able to have a large number of different "pedalboard" set-ups with the FX8 without needing any actual pedals.

It was definitely one of the BEST music gear purchases for me :cool:

Back
Top Bottom