Firmware update from 5.03 to 8.0

Royalty

Today I updated my fm3 firmware from 5.03 to 8.0. I loaded easily and dubs and loaded. Turned off fm3 after update for 15 seconds , turned it back on and played my 3 gig presets that are the Steve Steven’s Playboy crunch preset and same preset with an overdrive 3db louder for solos and my clean sound “ Shiva Clean”. It sounded fine but I decided to copy the the scene preset to another location and do a reset on tne Steve Steven’s playboy & Shiva clean sounds. I did a reset and played the new sounding Steve Steven’s Playboy crunch sound and was surprised to hear it sound incredibly dark as if a blanket was over the speakers. . I then went to the original preset untouched and it sounded the same as before I updated the firmware which I love the sound of this preset for my rock gig.

So, is it normal for the updated reset to make this preset so dark sounding and dull & lifeless? I started trying to match the original by adding 12db of 9,000 kz on the fractal EQ and it sounded better but still not as good. Also had to add 2-4 db of 150 Hz on tne graphic eq output . And had to add 2.5 db of 500 Hz. I got it very close and it’s way better now but still I like the original preset untouched with no reset .

Any advice from you guys that updated to 8.0? I thought updating would make my gig presets sound better but from what updating did there’s no way I could do a gig with them with the updated sound . I like my original 5.0 Steve Steven’s Playboy preset way better.

Any advice ? I got a gig on Tuesday coming up so it’s good I have the original preset with my scenes the way i
Like them .

if the preset had treble turned up and bass turned down, then you reset it, they are reset and not increasing the highs. i don't know the original preset settings, so just a general statement.

12 dB of any frequency is a lot, so maybe it's just the basic amp controls that needed adjusting. but i didn't hear what you did so whatever does the job is what works.

Yes, I will use the untouched preset with the 3 scenes that I did not do a reset on. It’s good I made a copy and rest the copy to see what firmware 8 & a reset would do. I’m ok still thanks to making a copy a
No the copy is the dark sounding one. I did make drastic eq moves on it to sound like the original so if I try it out on a gig maybe I’ll still like it. Before gigs my band does soundcheck and I a lot of times go in front of the system wireless to hear my sound. So I can compare these two on Tuesday night at a gig.

Back
Top Bottom