Firmware 9 and cab library problem

Blueprint

Hi
I've updated my system with firmware 9. If I try to load a cab from my library, I get some "scratchpad" 1 (empty) instead of my IR's... :-((
Any idea? Did I made a mistake?
Thanks!

This sounds like maybe an FM3-Edit issue...

Did you try reverting to the previous firmware you were using to confirm they work there?

I’m having a similar issue:

I updated FM3 Edit first, then the FM3 to version 9, then the DyaCabs. Now I can see the effect block types in the FM3 unit its self but not on FM3 Edit.
1725133429470.png

This issue is only with my Mac M1, Sonoma 14.6.1OS.

I installed the new FM3 Edit v 1.07.01 on my Windows PC laptop and it seems top be working fine.

Last edited:

I updated FM3 Edit first, then the FM3 to version 9, then the DyaCabs. Now I can see the effect block types in the FM3 unit its self but not on FM3 Edit.
View attachment 144618

I installed the new FM3 Edit v 1.07.01 on my Windows PC laptop and it seems top be working fine.
Hey All,

I was able to fix it. I had to refresh the Block Definitions: Instruction Below:

1) Open FM3 Edit.
2) Make sure to connect your FM3 to your Mac via USB.
3) At the top, click on Settings, then Preferences.
4) Select “Refresh” in the option pane to the left.
5) One-by-one, click the refresh buttons for “Preset Names”, Cab Names, and Block Definitions"
6) Once all three are complete, close that option pane.
7) Now check and see if you see all the type options for each effect, amp and cab.

Last edited:

View attachment 144618

Hey All,

I was able to fix it. I had to refresh the Block Definitions: Instruction Below:

1) Open FM3 Edit.
2) Make sure to connect your FM3 to your Mac via USB.
3) At the top, click on Settings, then Preferences.
4) Select “Refresh” in the option pane to the left.
5) One-by-one, click the refresh buttons for “Preset Names”, Cab Names, and Block Definitions"
6) Once all three are complete, close that option pane.
7) Now check and see if you see all the type options for each effect, amp and cab.

The OP is having problems loading blocks from the block library, and he already ran Refresh After New Firmware which forces all those things you ran individually to happen sequentially.

The latest editor should have caused a rescan when detecting the updated firmware. That was one of the changes made to the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom