Firmware 8 no new amp models

Sparkles

Hey all! I'm new to the Fractalverse so bare with me. I recently got my FM3. The Firmware 8 came out a week after I got it. So I jumped right in and updated it. It went smooth. I Also reset the presets. Well having no experience with version 7 , I certainly didn't notice any sonic differences. And all the amps were new to me, so wasn't searching for the new amps to try them. And just recently started checking out the Forums. And I read a post about one of the added amps (Fryette D60). So I went to load it up and check it out. Only to realize it wasn't in the preset list. And I now realize none of the new ones are showing up. My FM3 says firmware version 8 right on the screen. So I looked to see if the new drives were there. And they are. So I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid. Or is it possible the Firmware update failed to add the new amp models? And if so how would I fix this? Would I need to revert to 7, and then re-upgrade to 8? Any help is much appreciated.

• Class-A 30W Brilliant
  • JS410 Lead Green
  • Brit Silver
  • Fryette D60 models
  • Citrus RV50
  • CA3+ Rhythm/Lead models
  • Friedman BE/HBE models
  • Recto1 and Recto2 models
  • Brit 800 2203
  • Brit 800 2204 Low
  • 5153 100W Stealth
  • USA JP IIC+
  • USA MKV Green
  • USA MK V Red
are the new models according to the release thread.

are you looking at the Amp list within the Amp block, or looking at PRESET names? new amps will be in the Amp block.

Amp models aren't the same thing as presets. Not every amp model is in a factory preset.

Go to the Amp block in any preset and look at the Type list.
Haha! Yep I was just being stupid! That's was an easy fix thanks. Maybe after I get fluent with this machine I can post some more substance. I appreciate it!

Oh, I don't doubt it. I did try the search function in the forums and googled it with no success. But thanks again for the quick help!

• Class-A 30W Brilliant
  • JS410 Lead Green
  • Brit Silver
  • Fryette D60 models
  • Citrus RV50
  • CA3+ Rhythm/Lead models
  • Friedman BE/HBE models
  • Recto1 and Recto2 models
  • Brit 800 2203
  • Brit 800 2204 Low
  • 5153 100W Stealth
  • USA JP IIC+
  • USA MKV Green
  • USA MK V Red
are the new models according to the release thread.

are you looking at the Amp list within the Amp block, or looking at PRESET names? new amps will be in the Amp block.

This is somewhat confusingly listed because the items I bolded are not Brand new models, but instead models that were updated above and beyond the Cygnus model updates. (for instance the Fryette Deliverence was updated from a Series I to Series II model). But yes, definitely some replacement models plust entirely new models in the update!

Back
Top Bottom