Bug? Filter block acts as a gate when panned hard right

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
Came across this weirdness (not a real problem) while experimenting with ways to to select one of two mono signals panned hard left/right and put it back into the center (I can get there using two volume blocks but I'd prefer to use only one block if possible). I have a simple null filter block, in its mixer section both inputs and the balance are panned hard right. This causes the block to act as a gate eventually cutting off the signal. It doesn't happen when everything is panned hard left.

upload_2018-4-22_15-26-42.png

Edit: I'm on fw 8.02

What's your Output 1 Mode setting?

Which output 1 jacks are you using? L, R, both?

select one of two mono signals panned hard left/right and put it back into the center

One filter block can't do both of those things. A vol/pan can via "input select" parameter. (Leave pan L/R and balance at defaults.) If you need to control L/R selection on one preset an input select modifier can be assigned using FracPad.

What I'm trying to do is this : have one git signal run into a stereo cab block using two different IRs for my piezo PU, then select either output to be routed into the next block. You can select the left/right input in the volume block but not attach a modifier to it so it could be controlled via a foot switch. I didn't want to use the cabs X/Y selection to do this because this would force me to use scenes (there's no cab X/Y foot switch function) and also I'd like to use the cabs Y block for an entirely different thing (amp sound with magnetic PU). So the only thing that worked so far was two volume blocks in parallel behind the cab block, one setup to be fed by the left input, one by the right input and control both blocks level via a control switch. Unfortunately this leaves me without a volume block to control my preset volume via an external pedal.

Set cab block to stereo input mode, pan both cabs center, control balance before cab.

Filter before cab will always work for the balancing. Sometimes another block already present and/or not immediately before cab might accomplish the same thing.

Set cab block to stereo input mode, pan both cabs center, control balance before cab.

Filter before cab will always work for the balancing. Sometimes another block already present and/or not immediately before cab might accomplish the same thing.

Thank you ! Great info.

Back
Top Bottom