"File chooser" does not appear

g.lolo3

Hi,
I received my FM9 yesterday and I have an issue with FM9-Edit.
Most of the "file choosers" windows of does not appear.
I can export a template and a snapshot but if I try to export a preset, change the folders path, import presets or cabs.... The file choose windows seems to open and instantly closes. I'm on Windows 10.
Can someone help me with this?

Attention: don't change anything if you don't know what your doing or have a decent backup.
Moderators, feel free to remove this post.

Having that said, I'll keep it a bit vague on purpose, but if you understand what i'm talking about (if you have some IT experience), this might help: for instance the most recent used Preset Import path is stored as a MRU_DIR_IMPORT property in FM9-Edit.settings (see windows userprofile). Close FM9-Edit, check and/or change the value to an accessible path, open FM9-Edit, see if the problem is solved.

I'm on FM9-Edit version 1.02.11.

Hi,
I received my FM9 yesterday and I have an issue with FM9-Edit.
Most of the "file choosers" windows of does not appear.
I can export a template and a snapshot but if I try to export a preset, change the folders path, import presets or cabs.... The file choose windows seems to open and instantly closes. I'm on Windows 10.
Can someone help me with this?
First thing I'd do is try running AxeEdit as administrator, in case it doesn't have permission to interact with the file system.

If that doesn't help, I'd reinstall it.

If that doesn't help, contact support. They're very good. Are you in the US?

First thing I'd do is try running AxeEdit as administrator, in case it doesn't have permission to interact with the file system.

If that doesn't help, I'd reinstall it.

If that doesn't help, contact support. They're very good. Are you in the US?
The run as administrator workaround seems be ok.
Thanks a lot!

The run as administrator workaround seems be ok.
Thanks a lot!
What that probably means is that the folders it's trying to access aren't in locations that are normally user accessible. For instance, if they're somewhere under c:\program files\, that's supposed to be system territory, not user stuff.

You don't really want to have to run AxeEdit as admin, that's not healthy.

I'm not at that computer to check where those settings are or what they're called, but check settings for stuff pertaining to folder locations, and put them somewhere you have access to, like under \documents\. If you change those settings, you'll probably have to move the content that's already in them manually to the new locations.

Back
Top Bottom