Fender Chris Shifltt Telecaster Shoreline Gold

SpudMan

Experienced
I am looking for a guitar to use as a foundation for adding Throbak pickups to and considering either a Warmoth build, a Precision LP build, or in this case buying this Fender.
I would be replacing the pickups either right away, or soon, but wondering if anyone knows of the quality in general of this guitar. I can't find much on it and I am wondering if it didn't sell well because it wasn't "good", or .......

Its a mexi fender, it’ll be the quality of a mexi fender.

If you just need an HH guitar, spend $300 get a used agile AL3100 and rock on.

It's fine, the quality is not as good as the newer MIM Fender stuff like the Player / Player Plus series.

If you want fender scale length and you're ok with the standard telecaster control layout, consider the Player Telecaster HH. I had one before I found the Yamaha below and after swapping the pickups it was really great, just didn't quite sound like an LP. This is a great addition to make tele controls a little more ergonomic.

If you're open to Gibson scale length, my choice for a cheaper HH ended up being a white Yamaha Revstar RSS20. Got burned once playing the Gibson QC roulette, never again. The quality of the import Revstars is incredible for the price, they have an even cheaper model called the RSE20 if you want to try that. On the RSS20 the hardware is great, fretwork is flawless, not sure if the frets are plek'd but they might as well be, I have the action set incredibly low. Simple controls, master tone, master volume, and I swapped out the 5 way switch for a standard 3 way blade switch. I put in SD Seth Lover pickups and recordings sound identical to my buddy's LP with the same pickups.

IMG_0438.jpg

Last edited:
Its a mexi fender, it’ll be the quality of a mexi fender.

If you just need an HH guitar, spend $300 get a used agile AL3100 and rock on.
Looks interesting for a guitar to play around with different pickups.

Last edited:
It's fine, the quality is not as good as the newer MIM Fender stuff like the Player / Player Plus series.

If you want fender scale length and you're ok with the standard telecaster control layout, consider the Player Telecaster HH. I had one before I found the Yamaha below and after swapping the pickups it was really great, just didn't quite sound like an LP. This is a great addition to make tele controls a little more ergonomic.

If you're open to Gibson scale length, my choice for a cheaper HH ended up being a white Yamaha Revstar RSS20. Got burned once playing the Gibson QC roulette, never again. The quality of the import Revstars is incredible for the price, they have an even cheaper model called the RSE20 if you want to try that. On the RSS20 the hardware is great, fretwork is flawless, not sure if the frets are plek'd but they might as well be, I have the action set incredibly low. Simple controls, master tone, master volume, and I swapped out the 5 way switch for a standard 3 way blade switch. I put in SD Seth Lover pickups and recordings sound identical to my buddy's LP with the same pickups.

View attachment 145051
I will look into that. Do you know if they are made in China? I don't mind Korea or Indonesia, but not interested in a Chinese guitar.

put in model and “specifications” and first hit is the fender site :)

https://www.fender.com/en/electric-...tt-telecaster-deluxe/0142400744.html?rdl=true

If you want a beater project, i wouldnt be hung up on country of origin or other specs. If you are going to be considering those things, narrow down if you want a les paul, tele or a different shape.
Not really sure I want a beater, just something a bit less expensive than my LP RI. Things I have been looking at are a Precision LP or Firebird body style build, a Warmoth Tele Deluxe Build, or maybe something from Musikraft if they have a HH body.
The Shiflett just caught my eye because it is relatively inexpensive. But nobody really seems to talk about it, or review it.

Not really sure I want a beater, just something a bit less expensive than my LP RI. Things I have been looking at are a Precision LP or Firebird body style build, a Warmoth Tele Deluxe Build, or maybe something from Musikraft if they have a HH body.
The Shiflett just caught my eye because it is relatively inexpensive. But nobody really seems to talk about it, or review it.
New parts builds will run about the same as a used usa something last I saw. Grab a used les paul traditional and go - used market is heavily in buyer’s favour right now. Should be able to find a trad for $1600usd or less if Canadian prices are any indication.

Back
Top Bottom