Feedback Welcome - Kevin Smith Patches

ksmithdc

Inspired
Hi all,

In the patch exchange part of the forum, I've uploaded home made patches. I'd like to ask for feedback & comments from others. It helps me to learn & grow.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Smith

Hi all,

In the patch exchange part of the forum, I've uploaded home made patches. I'd like to ask for feedback & comments from others. It helps me to learn & grow.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Smith

Hi Kevin, clips would help! Presets do sound different through each rig.

Hi Kevin, clips would help! Presets do sound different through each rig.
problem is that he is running out of a 2x12 mesa rig... Unfortunately, the tone he gets is going to be much different then what we hear. I am not sure what to do besides adding another cab sim at the end of the chain. I have been stripping out his cab sims and inserting my own.

Hi Kevin. I downloaded your patches. The Iron City Rock patch sounded
very good. I tweaked it to sound its best thru my system (Matrix/EVMs).
You can use my revisions in the attached patch as a comparison.

Keep up the good work! Just keep going on your thread. People will come
around. Most are just getting into the unit, and still getting a handle on 2.0.
If you post it, they will come.

Attachments

• Iron City Rock v2.1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Kevin:

We really try to keep everything where it belongs.

Thanks.

Ron

If I did anything inappropriate, I apologize. I'm trying to learn how to dial in sounds. And I've uploaded a couple and asked for feedback from others (so I could learn from my mistakes), but I wasn't getting very much response. So I thought perhaps if I brought some attention to it in another part of the forum it would help. Sorry if I rocked the boat.

Kevin

problem is that he is running out of a 2x12 mesa rig... Unfortunately, the tone he gets is going to be much different then what we hear. I am not sure what to do besides adding another cab sim at the end of the chain. I have been stripping out his cab sims and inserting my own.

I agree. Unless we're using the same gear (and perhaps even the same type of guitar), it's going to sound different. I'm using three electrics: a Tom Anderson Cobra, a PRS SC-245 & a strat. And the tones are markedly different with each guitar I plug into. Plus I'm using a SS power amp (Rocktron Velocity 300) into a Mesa 2x12 cab (and that's no doubt coloring the tone to an extent).

I didn't even hear about the FRFR thingie until after I had bought my rig.

Kevin

Hi Kevin. I downloaded your patches. The Iron City Rock patch sounded
very good. I tweaked it to sound its best thru my system (Matrix/EVMs).
You can use my revisions in the attached patch as a comparison.

Keep up the good work! Just keep going on your thread. People will come
around. Most are just getting into the unit, and still getting a handle on 2.0.
If you post it, they will come.

Thank you for your words of encouragement....very much appreciated. And thanks for checking out the Iron City Rock patch. I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight, I'll check out your revision. I wonder how different your power amp sounds from my power amp. The Rocktron is pretty clear sounding. It's not a true FRFR, but I'm digging it.

I'll keep trudging ahead. Hopefully others will start checking out my sounds too. :)

Kevin

Did you put a block on the patch? I can't get any audio out of your revision?

I had to mess with it for a while, I reposted the patch from Axe Edit, and just got
it to download the patch into any empty slot in my Axe II, with sound.

Hi Kevin,

Liked the ICR patch a lot! It was a bit hot level wise compared to stock patches. But that was an easy fix. ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

I had to mess with it for a while, I reposted the patch from Axe Edit, and just got
it to download the patch into any empty slot in my Axe II, with sound.

Did you recently re-post it? If so, I'll have to re-download your revision and check it out...'cause the one I initially got had no sound.

Hi Kevin,

Liked the ICR patch a lot! It was a bit hot level wise compared to stock patches. But that was an easy fix. ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Winger,

Thank you very much for checking out my sounds. Glad you enjoyed the ICR patch!

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom