FC layouts + midi/remote assignments on a secondary

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but what I'm wanting to do specifically for the Looper block controls. I have the FC-12 with a looper layout already. I also have an Xsonic Airstep that I use as a sort of 'b' smaller rig when I don't want to move my large pedal board with FC12 over. note: I have used my airstep and FC-12 at the same time. I have a preset for the Airstep with some basic CC's assigned that basically overlap what my FC-12 is doing but i generally will use one or the other.

Also, in case you're wondering...my airstep is connected via Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi adapter connected to the midi ports on rear of my AX3.

So , with Looper block. I thought about making a preset on my Airstep to control the Looper functions. In the Axe Fx Midi/Remote i see in the Looper page you can assign whatever you want there. Does anyone see any possible issues assigning CC's when my FC-12 already has a layout. I can't see why not since i'm basically doing the same thing with some basic bypass CC's as i described already. The only drawback here with the airstep is likely bluetooth latency for when i want to engage looper etc

Tested it out today and works fantastic! I was worried about latency from the Airstep BT > AX3 but its a non issue. great thing with this setup is even when i'm at my main board with the FC12 i can keep my one master layout always on and use the Airstep as a dedicated looper controller beside.

Back
Top Bottom