FC-12 set up like AX8?

fsharpminor

Inspired
Has anyone set up an fc 12 to be the same layout of switches as an ax8 ie preset select and bank up and down switches on the right, then when you select a preset you can configure it to have four scenes on the bottom row and four effects in the top row? I am trying to set it up so I have only one unit in front of me and you can have scenes and fx from a preset in front of you?

Has anyone set up an fc 12 to be the same layout of switches as an ax8 ie preset select and bank up and down switches on the right, then when you select a preset you can configure it to have four scenes on the bottom row and four effects in the top row? I am trying to set it up so I have only one unit in front of me and you can have scenes and fx from a preset in front of you?
Yes you can do that by putting those items on the FC12.

I did something similar to what you’re talking about.

I setup a layout for my FC-6 and FM3 for when I have both on a board together and another layout for when I have my FM3 on my backline and have the FC-12 out front with me.

In that setup I have buttons 1-4 and 7-8 as Scenes 1-6, buttons 9-10 as Instant Access switches, buttons 5 & 11 as my Preset Up and Down, button 6 as my Tap Tempo and button 12 as my Tuner.
9D735B77-83D8-4230-8C5D-4FAF51AAA85A.jpeg

I start in Preset Layout:
My FC 12 is currently configured as such:
Switch 12 is for the Preset Layout
Switch 5 & 6 is for Bank Up/Bank Down
Switches 1-4 and 7-11 show preset names.

Once I pick a preset - holding it down takes me to the FX Layout where I get any effects/scenes that I might need for that preset. In the FX Layout, I kept Switch 12 going to the Presets so I can jump back to that quickly and get to a new preset. Switch 5 becomes the Tuner, Switch 4 becomes a boost (that is CTRL1 in all of my presets). Switches 7,8,9,10 are generally for Scenes 1,2,3,4 (so like Clean, Dirt, More Dirt, Lead). Switches 1,2,3 I then assign to FX. I don't need a lot of FX buttons because I usually handle it in the preset. For example - Barracuda by Heart - I don't need a switch to have the Flanger on it because when I switch Scenes, it'll be shut turned on or off as I need it.

I've decided to use the Per Preset method for nearly all of my presets - and it seems to work for me, but that being said - I'm still in the stage of working things around to make playing live as easy/efficient as possible and feel like I could do better. (aka take better advantage of the FC12)

Not sure if I've found that yet, but the above is working for me thus far. The good thing is, it's SO configurable that almost anything you can think of doing is possible.

And as I typed this, I realized I could do something better, so there ya go. lol

Personally, I’d investigate what the FC controllers have to offer and forget about trying to mimic the AX8 switching. The available switching options with an FC controllers are so much better than what the AX8 offered.

I’d also take a long hard look at the OMG9 thread/video and would lean towards the FC6 and a few extra dollars in my pocket over the FC12.

That would be dumbing down the FC12 immensely
Not if it gives him the level of operation he's looking for. That's the beauty of the FC Controllers; they can be as simple or complex as you want them to be. Using only one layout is not wasting the FC's potential any more than using only one or two amp models in the FM3 is a waste of its potential.

Reactions: Rex
You are right oh course, and maybe I shouldn't have posted.

When I had my AX8 I was often frustrated with the lack of functionality in the footswitches. Now, I am blown away again and again by the amazing power and flexibility of the FC6. Personally, I prefer FM3 switching options over the AX8.

But enough about me. The power of the new modular setup is that it can be configured however you please.

Thanks for all the feedback. What seems clear is that with the fc12 I will be able to configure it the way I want it and then concentrate on the playing...that’s where the money is🤪 can’t wait for my invite.

Back
Top Bottom