FC-12 Mk II Stuck on "initializing" ? Please Help

canyoncoulter

Hey! Long time AXE-3 user, but always with pedals in front. Now switching to the full unit on its own, and just bought a MK II FC-12. It worked fine yesterday, but today while plugged in its stuck on the "initializing" screen. Trued to maybe see if i needed to update the firmware the latest mkII version. But it wont even recognize as being connected to the axe or to fractal bot.
Anybody else experience this or know a way i can force a firmware update or something? She just stays stuck in the "initializing" stage

Unfortunately I have the same issue with my new FC-12 MARK II. I just unboxed it and updated it to 1.12, before I saw there is a 1.13. After reboot it is stuck on Initializing and no matter what I do. It won't change. Fractal Bot nor my AxeFXIII see any FC12 connected. So I can't reset or update.

Unfortunately I have the same issue with my new FC-12 MARK II. I just unboxed it and updated it to 1.12, before I saw there is a 1.13. After reboot it is stuck on Initializing and no matter what I do. It won't change. Fractal Bot nor my AxeFXIII see any FC12 connected. So I can't reset or update.

A while back I was trying to debug a problem a user had with a FC12 Mk II after installing v1.13 over v1.13. I did the test with both a Mk I and Mk II. Doing that causes the controller to go into a fault mode. I dunno why.

This isn’t a guaranteed fix, but is something to try as it seems to have worked after I hosed mine: I reinstalled the appropriate firmware version using the Fractal-Bot embedded in Edit, then reset the system settings on the FX3 and cycled the power, which seems to have fixed the problem. I had the Mk I connected for several days afterwards and it was working fine, and then switched back to the Mk II, and it is behaving correctly after multiple power cycles.

Fractal-Bot doesn’t actually “see” the FC units like we’re used to when updating the modelers, but the modeler sees the FC as evidenced by the “Initializing” message, but the update process doesn’t display the usual connection information. That concerned me the first time I updated but it seems to be normal, and it makes sense to me because the modeler is the “boss”, the central hub of the system.

And, before proceeding, read the software version note on the download page carefully to ensure that you have the right version.

Also, support@fractaudio.com is your friend.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is what I get.
I emailed g66 and I’m waiting for their response.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Knut from G66 had the solution for me:

So, firstly, get the FC12 firmware version 1.13 ready.

1.) Plug off the FC12 and switch on the AXE FX III
2.) Take the Faslink cable and plug it into the FC12
As soon as you can read initializing on the FC12's display, press the upper left button.
Failsafe 0.0somthing will appear.
3.) Open Fractal Bot. Not the utility in the AXE-EDIT but the standalone version.
4.) Press and hold command on the MAC or CTRL on Windows and click the dropdown to reveal the hidden 'Utility' option.
5.) Select AXE FX III under 'Select Output Port'
6..) Leave Buffer at 300ms

7.) Click BROWSE to choose the firmware file
8.) Press begin.

Turn off the AXE, wait 5 sec and turn on again.

As soon as you can read initializing on the FC12's display, press the upper left button.
3.) Open Fractal Bot. Not the utility in the AXE-EDIT but the standalone version.
4.) Press and hold command on the MAC or CTRL on Windows and click the dropdown to reveal the hidden 'Utility' option.

8.) Press begin.

This worked!! thank you so much!

A while back I was trying to debug a problem a user had with a FC12 Mk II after installing v1.13 over v1.13. I did the test with both a Mk I and Mk II. Doing that causes the controller to go into a fault mode. I dunno why.

This isn’t a guaranteed fix, but is something to try as it seems to have worked after I hosed mine: I reinstalled the appropriate firmware version using the Fractal-Bot embedded in Edit, then reset the system settings on the FX3 and cycled the power, which seems to have fixed the problem. I had the Mk I connected for several days afterwards and it was working fine, and then switched back to the Mk II, and it is behaving correctly after multiple power cycles.

Fractal-Bot doesn’t actually “see” the FC units like we’re used to when updating the modelers, but the modeler sees the FC as evidenced by the “Initializing” message, but the update process doesn’t display the usual connection information. That concerned me the first time I updated but it seems to be normal, and it makes sense to me because the modeler is the “boss”, the central hub of the system.

And, before proceeding, read the software version note on the download page carefully to ensure that you have the right version.

Also, support@fractaudio.com is your friend.
thanks that worked for me!!!

8.) Press begin.

Thanks mate this worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom