FC 12 Firmware issue

I was on FC version 1.11 and Axe III Mark 2 version 19.05.
I noticed that a couple of the FC-12 switches would no longer control effect bypass (even though the FC acted like it was).
But the stand-in switches for those same effects worked fine.

I saw that FC version 1.12 (FC-12 Mk II) was suppose to fix some issues with LEDs/LCDs so I downloaded and installed.
FC shows "FC-12 Mk II" on boot. Main Screen functions fine. All other LCDs are blank with random pixels lit up.
Adjusting contrast, rebooting, reinstalling ver. 1.12, and changing layouts/Scenes all do not help. The upgrade did not fix my original issue either.

I see ver 1.12 is still the official release, but in some older threads I see some folks had to go back to ver. 1.11.
Not sure if they ever went to 1.12.
Could one of you kind people please direct me to where I can download FC ver. 1.11 for the Mark 2.

Other suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks
Wally

Ok I'm good now. Back on FC ver. 1.11 (But no longer say MK 2 on the screen). Scribble strips working again.
I'm surprised the 1.11 archive does not have specific downloads for AxeFx III Mk 1 and Mk II. I read somewhere they are different.
Maybe they are only different from ver 1.12 and up???
Don't no why 1.12 for MK2 did not work for me???

I suspect my original issue is a config problem. Both switches that don't work on the FC are also controlled by Stand In switches.
I'll dig into that.

Ok I'm good now. Back on FC ver. 1.11 (But no longer say MK 2 on the screen). Scribble strips working again.
I'm surprised the 1.11 archive does not have specific downloads for AxeFx III Mk 1 and Mk II. I read somewhere they are different.
Maybe they are only different from ver 1.12 and up???
Don't no why 1.12 for MK2 did not work for me???

I suspect my original issue is a config problem. Both switches that don't work on the FC are also controlled by Stand In switches.
I'll dig into that.
FC firmware is not the same as Axe Fx Firmware.

The FC firmware has different versions for mkI vs mkII.

The site you went to is not official. I suspect @AlGrenadine didn't account for the mkII yet.

Is your FC-12 a mkII model? If not then you're fine. If so, then you need to get the mkII firmware.

When I read this at first, I assumed it was the original FC because it was 1.11. I have an FC Mark II and it came with 1.12.

The site you went to is not official. I suspect @AlGrenadine didn't account for the mkII yet.

Is your FC-12 a mkII model? If not then you're fine. If so, then you need to get the mkII firmware.
I think I misunderstood something about the MK1 and MK2.
I thought that the FC firmware to download was determined by if the FC is connected to a MK1 or MK2 Axe FX 3.:rolleyes:
Turns out the FC with larger Scribble Strips is also called MK2.:flushed: I'll give ver. 1.12 another go with the MK1 firmware.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Cheers
Wally

I think I misunderstood something about the MK1 and MK2.
I thought that the FC firmware to download was determined by if the FC is connected to a MK1 or MK2 Axe FX 3.:rolleyes:
Turns out the FC with larger Scribble Strips is also called MK2.:flushed: I'll give ver. 1.12 another go with the MK1 firmware.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Cheers
Wally
FC MK1 ver. installed and working, but didn't solve my initial issue. So I'll dig into my switch configurations.
I assume that if a layout has a stand in switch configured to bypass an effect I should still be able to control that effect by pass from the FC as well?? Or not??

Yes, mk2 is just released, nobody has one...

FC MK1 ver. installed and working, but didn't solve my initial issue. So I'll dig into my switch configurations.
I assume that if a layout has a stand in switch configured to bypass an effect I should still be able to control that effect by pass from the FC as well?? Or not??
With another switch on the FC, yes, I think so.

But if you have an external switch doing that, why would you want to use another switch for that?

So my external switch is a modifier (not a stand in switch) that toggles an effect ByPass.
That same effect is on my Effect Layout where I can toggle the ByPass on the FC.
I understand if, by design, the modifier (external switch) is over-riding the FC switch... but...
When I hit external switch:
1. Effect ByPass is toggled as expected.
2. LED ring follows state of the ByPass. (If I'm on my effect layout)
3. Main FC Screen does not reflect the blocks ByPass State change.

When I hit the FC switch:
1. The Effect ByPass is not toggled. (maybe by design?)
2. The LED ring does not change state. (maybe by design?)
3. The Main FC Screen shows the blocks ByPass State changing (Confusing because it does not actually change).
With another switch on the FC, yes, I think so.

But if you have an external switch doing that, why would you want to use another switch for that?
You are correct I wouldn't, I would normally just use the external switch without going to the FC effects layout. I just noticed it and thought it may be a bug that we can't control the ByPass with a modifier and/or FC effect layout switch at the same time. If it's by design, it would be nice if the FC only showed the ByPass state change message (on FC main screen) when the modifier switch is hit (if a modifier is used). See points #3 above. Then I would know it changed if I'm not on the effect layout.

I'm not sure if this would be posted as a bug or wish at this point.
Maybe it's not worth pursuing.
Appreciate any discussion.
Cheers
Wally

Back
Top Bottom