FBT Verve 8M (Passive)

marsodude

I am working in Singapore and it looks like the only option is have locally is the 8m Passive.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? I play worship at a very small church, maybe 100 people and also at a bistro which is like a small lounge, maybe holds 150. So I am not playing heavy metal and the sound is not that loud.

I would also need an amp to power the passive monitors.

A few of the guys here are using the 8MA and really liking it. I would think you couldn't go wrong with 8M basically the same speaker and cab just no amp. Find a good power amp say an ART SLA1 or Carvin DCM 150 run it bridged mode hook it up and go play.

I use the 8M passive at my Sunday gig in just about the same size room with a full band on stage. I use an ART SLA2 but a lower powered amp would be plenty for it for the size room you are playing. We're playing a bigger stage and room for about 350 people on Friday and that is going to be my monitor.
The 8M is very clear at low volumes and can also be very loud (and clear) if you want it to be. It's nice and small. I need to get a bag to carry it in though because there are no handles and it's like hauling around a watermelon.
You'll need a Speakon to 1/4" cable also as the 8M has Speakon connectors.
Highly recommended.

Right. I don't know where the volume controls are on the 8ma but I found it handy to be able to reach the poweramp volume knob with my rack next to the monitor if I needed to adjust it quickly.
I know the 8ma's are probably back ordered.
I went with the 8M passive because I still use guitar cabs with the axe for bigger rooms so I use the poweramp with those too.

Sixstring said:
I would think you couldn't go wrong with 8M basically the same speaker and cab just no amp. Find a good power amp say an ART SLA1 or Carvin DCM 150 run it bridged mode hook it up and go play.
MA version is bi-amped, i.e. own amp for highs and another amp for lows. M version is not bi-ampable so it won't be the same as you'll be driving highs and lows with one amp.

knoll said:
Sixstring said:
I would think you couldn't go wrong with 8M basically the same speaker and cab just no amp. Find a good power amp say an ART SLA1 or Carvin DCM 150 run it bridged mode hook it up and go play.
MA version is bi-amped, i.e. own amp for highs and another amp for lows. M version is not bi-ampable so it won't be the same as you'll be driving highs and lows with one amp.

I don't think you will hear any difference if using a decent SS amp with enough headroom. Especially pushing guitar frequencies into an 8" speaker in small to medium sized rooms.

Back
Top Bottom