FBT Verve 12ma vs. RCF ART 322-A?

Chad

Inspired
Just wondering if anybody has done a direct FBT Verve 12ma vs. RCF ART 322-A sound comparison?

Seems everybody has been going crazy over the FBT lately, but the RFC 322-A doesn't seem to get much love around here. I bought a 322A a few months back and it has worked wonderfully with my Boss GT-10 and Roland TD-9SX electronic drum kit. I just purchased an AxeFX Ultra today and look forward to hearing how it works with my RCF.

Looking at the basic specs:

RCF ART 322-A
26.5"x16"x13.5"
51lb.
FR: 45Hz to 20kHz
Max SPL: 128db

FBT Verve 12ma
21"x15"x12"
42lb.
FR: 60hz-20kHz
Max SPL: 123db

Here are detailed specs if interested:

http://www.fbtusa.net/FBTVerve12matcf.html

http://www.rcf.it/products/view/tags/ac ... art-series

From that, the 12ma is more compact/lightweight, but not by a large amount. From the other specs, the RCF seems to be the winner. Some folks may prefer the wood construction of the FBT compared to the RCF's composite construction. I like the hookup options of the RCF better. Is the coaxial speaker array of the FBT that much better? Pricewise, the FBT appears to be the winner. But I don't think people research RCF enough. With some shopping, I got my 322A brand new a-stock for less than what an HPR122i normally sells for and very close to the price people have mentioned for the FBT.

I guess I'm somewhat rooting for what I bought, but also am interested in how the 12ma measures up against the 322A.

If anybody has compared the two soundwise, it would be awesome to hear their thoughts. .

What about one or two RCF ART-310s? Pricewise, two of them equals one 322-A...

Dimensions: 21.1"(h) x 13.3"(w) x 12.4"(d)
Weight: 27.34 lbs
Frequency Response: 50hz-20kHz
127 dB max SPL

What's their major drawback/difference versus a verve xMa or 322-A? I like the 50hz range vs Verve's 60hz..

From quickly reading the specs of the RCF, it would seem it would probably be better suited to creating spl's rather than good sound. More akin to the typical sound reinforcement speaker. The Verve's seem to cater to the less spl more sound quality crowd.

But then again, maybe someone should buy one or two and do another comparo?

Maybe we should have FRFR fests like the TGP amp fests?

Anybody can do an A/B comparation?
I'm happy with rcf322a but i'm curius to compare it with 8/12ma verve

Back
Top Bottom