Favorites, colors

Paresh

Are colors the best or the only way to mark favorite presets? When I sort by colors in the editor and play a preset, it reverts to the usual sorting when I want to play the next one. Is there a way to sort by colors and go through only the presets of that color? Also none of this is reflected in the unit itself...is there a way to show color or favs in the unit?
Unrelated to that, it doesn't look like there's any way to do a/b comparisons after I edit a patch. Is there a workaround? Thank you for your continual help!

Last edited:
Colors are the only way to mark presets. That feature is only available in the editor app. You can "Filter By Color" to filter to only show presets of a color, and use the "pin" button to pin the picker and step through the presets with that color. The filtering selection is not retained across visits to the picker.

The editor could benefit from some attention in this area. Here are some suggestions:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-presets-irs-and-blocks-and-set-lists.162038/

You can use the snapshot button in the editor to capture checkpoints during an editing session and compare different checkpoints as a way to do A/B comparisons.

If you wanted you could change the name of the preset to indicate your classification/ranking of it (for example, top favs all start with the same character …) or you can move it to a different preset # or bank (i have all my favs for cover band gigs starting at 0, then favs for original bands starting at 50).

Back
Top Bottom