favorite preset keeps changing

golfnut

Inspired
The more I get my presets set up the more my favorite keeps changing. Tonight my favorite is Capt Hook 1A and 3A. This amp has replicated my Fargen Dual British classic so close its blown me away.
The 1A really nails channel one of the Fargen, the blackbird circuit. And although not quite as close, 3A gets satisfyingly in the ballpark of the plexi channel.

Last edited:
Are you saying that with recent FW updates, the amps' output seems to change, or is this not a FW question?

Aw, yeah when you go on vacation and receive a free room upgrade because the accommodations weren't entirely booked. Or when the restaurant server says your first two drinks are regularly billed, after that your friends drink free.

Life's small peculiarities that make life extra worthwhile. My current peculiarity is that my post count is about to top the 5K mark. Is there an honorary plaque with this, or no? ;)

My current peculiarity is that my post count is about to top the 5K mark. Is there an honorary plaque with this, or no? ;)
Did your forum title say "Axe-Master" before? It does now... That might come at 5k but I don't recall.

Glad you're discovering so much good stuff! It's very tempting for me to want to play with different amps all the time instead of leaning on a preset that's perfectly dialed in for the one band and use case.

So, there's a good excuse to play with more musicians, and enjoy the fun of crafting fresh, inspiring sounds in different situations. When else would you be able to choose an AC30 through its 2x12 Alnico Blues, and then go for a barky plexi through a 4x12 with a big selection of effects the next, without breaking your back?

The AC-20 12AX7 Treble may have taken over #1 spot as my favorite clean to slightly hairy
AC-20 EF-86 Bass is my go to amp for my Tele and FTR-37 for the Strat. These have been my favorites for quite a while now, but I still have a handful of others which are also fun on occasion.

Was just playing around with the Deluxe Tweed. I never really got along with this one in the past but tonight was different...maybe because I was using a different guitar (humbuckers). I think I need to spend more time with this one and try it again with single coils.

I love that modeling enables trying out so many different amps, cabs, and effects. The ability to EQ at every conceivable spot in the signal chain is great too. A few simple presets can provide a lot of variety.

Back
Top Bottom