Wish Faux Global Blocks thru AX8-Edit

Nero

Inspired
Ok, so I know there are other requests for global blocks and they have been addressed by FAS as it's something that the AX-8 wasn't designed to do and that they may look into implementing it at least for the AMP block.

With that in mind, my idea is to have the option thru AX8-Edit. My understanding is that on the Axe FX the global block settings are stored in a separate section of memory, when you load a preset if that preset has a block linked to a global block then those settings are loaded into the block of that preset and so on. (i may be wrong)

My idea for the Faux global blocks would be for when you are connected to AX8-Edit and you are editing your presets at home (or live if you have AX8-Edit on a laptop on stage)

Say you have the Reveb Block linked to a Faux Global block on AX8-Edit, you tweak your reverb and hit save, then AX8-Edit would search for presets that have the link to that global block and copy the settings of X/Y to those presets, so when you go live its not that the block is loading settings from the global blocks, those settings were copied and saved into each of those presets.

Now I know that would mean that AX8-Edit would have to load every preset and search each one for faux gobal blocks which would take a long time (based on how long it takes to save 1 preset) but maybe this could be implemented so when you hit save, you get the option to which banks you want to target, maybe you just want that targeted to bank 1 and 2, that at least would make a feature like this usable.

Another similar option would be to implement thru AX8-Edit an option to copy the settings of 1 block to multiple presets simultanously, so on Preset 1 you edit your DELAY1, then you would have an option to send those settings to any/all presets on a PRESET/BANK of your choice, so if any of those presets has a DELAY1 those settings would be saved to that preset's DELAY1.

Just my personal request since I use the same reveb across all presets and I gotta either same them to the block library and load them on each presets or i have to copy the block and then make sure the X/Y are where they are supposed to be for each scene and so on.

I hope this post makes sence, it's hard to explain for sure lol

I like the direction of these ideas. The first idea would be more difficult to implement because you would have to deal with conflicts between multiple presets that could be update before reconnecting to AX8 Edit.

The second idea of copying a block to multiple presets would be easier to implement and very useful.

Back
Top Bottom