FASLINK Question FM3 to FC6

TaylorU

HI y'all. Just ordered the FM3 and FC6. Looking forward to the new tone journey. (For those that will inevitably ask, I was on the AX8 Wait list and the date I submitted that was 4/12/2019).

I have a question though around FASLINK. I have never used one being that I had an AX8 before this. The store is unfortunately out of stock on FASLINK cables. Can I use a standard XLR or is a FASLINK absolutely needed to connect the FC6 to the FM3? If FASLINK is needed, do they make short cables? I wanted to keep the FC6 side-by-side with the FM3.

Thanks guys. I know the wait is not fun, but hang in there! I know it's easier said than done, but it will go quick.

What about the orientation of the plugs? I’m thinking of buying plugs that are an adjustable 90 degree angle so they fit well on a board. I can build for any length. I’m not sure a straight XLR plug will fit on my board with a top? I plan to use my same board from the AX8. I currently use a 90 degree plug for my EV1. I may also buy the smaller EV2 to keep the weight of the board down?

What about the orientation of the plugs? I’m thinking of buying plugs that are an adjustable 90 degree angle so they fit well on a board. I can build for any length. I’m not sure a straight XLR plug will fit on my board with a top? I plan to use my same board from the AX8. I currently use a 90 degree plug for my EV1. I may also buy the smaller EV2 to keep the weight of the board down?

I use one of those 90 degree plugs on my board works fine. That's going to a small patch bay on the side of my board which then goes out to the Axe III. You shouldn't have a problem. It will work the same way with the FM3.

IMG_0308.jpegIMG_0309.jpegIMG_0310.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom