Faslink Power

Madtone

Power supply cable to my Sennheiser XSW-D split. My souldering skills are not legendary, so I’m well pleased to have made a cable to power it from the Faslink port. It’s fair to say I was a bit apprehensive when I turned things on 😂IMG_4028.jpeg

Last edited:
Not so happy this morning. There is an audible buzz noticeable when playing, particularly when notes fading out before noise gate cuts in. Potential ground loop problem? Any suggestions how to remedy this greatly accepted 😃

Not so happy this morning. There is an audible buzz noticeable when playing, particularly when notes fading out before noise gate cuts in. Potential ground loop problem? Any suggestions how to remedy this greatly accepted 😃

I made the same adapter for a Shure wireless, and I get that same noise!
I have not made any changes to the cable yet, looking for the best solution.

I just did some research, The Shure Power requirements are:
GLXD6+
Power Requirements
9 V – 15 V, 400 mA

The Joyo JP-06 Specs:
It provides 800mA working current
It provides stable 9V output voltage

They are available on Amazon. I just ordered one to try.

https://www.amazon.com/JOYO-Guitar-Blocker-Support-Isolation/dp/B0871R7BJQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1P59KWJ70XGV6&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.NmCw_NBwvBwUmnmGQ39rh8gvyWeJ7n1CeflbvcBlTJEFjs5-LjidHic1s6ePGjHZ-tArYa5C0Qdp5kihSDAG4f9lsv13U3QGlY5NsShmsHEssRy690xCk9mQYhJvn6FJZGfTcEA6LrrriItS46QoqncWTJ6W5PeE7asDK2DMEo0jJdNwsbC0btsKDd5ZOksx_TjQSB5tLQjh65qIHJwoDxLwC3JdMQ_EgGgS_OYw1IsaqJFlzTzb8wDc5LAQwTj3nIg2L-qxvKhVmGCxpHogtxjIEMws4E0XdlKrvKrBoOk.TvRUCxz5Hc-cc7dt1UaHwUpVi6kgEgT66NvFrGDIjXo&dib_tag=se&keywords=joyo+JP-06&qid=1708863294&sprefix=joyo+jp-06,aps,118&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited:
Sennheiser XSW-D can run at 9 to 15V, but Joyo was 9V. That's why I stepped down to 9V to be able to use Joyo to eliminate the noise.
Excellent, so I need to modify my arrangement to step down to 9v, and buy the joyo. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom