FAS Reverb save settings.

mwd

Power User
Having a hard time with saving user presets on the latest version of FAS Reverb. I took preset Studio and modified it. Called it Old Man and stored it. Old Man doesn't show up on the preset list, Studio shows up twice.

From top dropdown when I select 'Load Setting' it goes to the folder where Old Man.rvbpst is stored but it is grayed out and you can't select. You can only cancel.

Using this on Logic 9 and OS X Yosemite.

The reverb has a custom preset selection system. In that system, the name of the preset (which you see in the UI of the reverb) does not have to match the name of the .revpst file. If you click on the preset name, that name field becomes editable. I would recommend changing the name here to "Old Man" and then resaving as "Old Man.revpst". If you do that, then you should no longer see two presets called "Studio". You should see the original "Studio" and the new "Old Man" presets.

The reverb's custom preset system saves files in a ".revpst" format to allow presets to be shared across all DAWs, both Mac and PC.

When you use Logic's preset/setting system to manage presets, it saves and loads .aupreset files. So when you tell Logic's setting/preset system to load a setting, and see "Old Man.revpst", it will be grayed out because that system can only load .aupreset files.

rename_preset.png

Thank you. I will re-experiment. I had renamed the preset in the editable field and it didn't keep but maybe I didn't resave it. Appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom