Famous users of the amp modeling.

In the ‘famous’ department … Metallica and Def Leppard come to mind, besides Petrucci, that have been using Fractal for years.

Chris Broderick when he was with Megadeth, probably still uses Fractal. It's why I entered the modelling realm beginning with Fractal, Chris showed off his rig for the 25th anniversary of Rust in Peace album tour, and he had an AxeFx II. I saw the tour and he hit absolutely everything Marty did on the original RiP tour, and did it like it was no big thing....he was incredible, and he did it with an AxeFx II. I bought a II that week, and a III a month later. :)

Just look at the Fractal Artists page...

Not all of them use it for live amp modelling though. Petrucci and Vai use it for fx only I think? A lot of famous touring guys do it that way I guess, because they are still used to their amps or prefer the hands on control or sound or feel of a real amp.

Not all of them use it for live amp modelling though. Petrucci and Vai use it for fx only I think? A lot of famous touring guys do it that way I guess, because they are still used to their amps or prefer the hands on control or sound or feel of a real amp.
True... Although Vai is using the amp modeling at least with the Hydra guitar (which I got to see and hear in person last night on the next to last night of the Satch/Vai tour).

Back
Top Bottom