EZ Mode on FM3-Edit

That's for easy editing of the switches on the FM3 or attached FCs.

In EZ Mode, press a switch on the device and it comes up in the editor for immediate change.

Yes, but I can just click on the switches in the editor. I get it for the unit itself but in the editor? 🤷‍♂️
I usually have an FC-6 connected to the FM3 so it's pretty handy if you want to make sure you're editing the intended switch. There were a few times early on that I didn't realize which layout was selected in Edit and wound up editing the wrong switch. It's not an earth shattering feature but it's there for those who find it useful.

From EZ Mode in Editor, you click on the unit footswitches not the editor.

Depending what section you are in Scenes or Effects or Channels, etc. when you click the corresponding footswitch the editor block will highlight with yellow blinking square.
Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 15.16.08.png

Yes, but that’s what I meant: When in the editor there is no need to switch on the EZ Mode, you can just click on the switch.
Are you even testing it?

In EZ Mode you click on the footswitch (actual FM3 unit not the editor) and it goes to the block, from the above screenshot I posted.

Out of EZ Mode the yellow highlighted block will not move. It stays in one place.

But I’m only talking about the editor. I was just wondering why the EZ Mode button is there in the first place in the editor (not the unit), since you can just click on the switch directly to make changes.

It is there to help you understand the actual footswitches where you are/editing. When in EZ Mode the footswitch on unit will blink so easier to understand your setup and layout if you have additional FC6 or FC12 connected.

One other benefit: it will select the switch AND layout you are currently on.

When not using EZ Mode, you could editing the "right" switch but in the "wrong" layout.

That has bitten numerous people... ;)

Back
Top Bottom