External momentary pedal issue or bug

addedc

Experienced
Hi,

I am trying to use a Boss FSU momentary pedal to control some effects. I initially had the pedal on Pedal 4 with External 4 set to Pedal 4. The Pedal was set up as Momentary in the I/O menu. However, it functioned as a latching pedal, not momentary.

So, I tried it Pedal 1 with similar settings. Initially, it worked, but backwards. After updating firmware, it no longer works. So I tried using one of the internal footswitches with Control 1 and that works fine.

Anyone have similar issues with external momentary switches? If so, how did you resolve?

if you want the foot switch to act as momentary you need to set the ax-8 to continuous. when you set it to momentary this is to make a momentary foot switch work as a latching pedal to turn things on and of and have them stay on or off with out holding the switch down.

I am having exactly the same problem!
Ive just spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out.
I had DRIVE 1 BYPASS (CC 49) to a BOSS FS-51 connected to PEDAL 4 in the AX8.

I updated the other day now it doesn't work!
I hate that!!

...and i'm glad im not the only one..

Hi,

I am trying to use a Boss FSU momentary pedal to control some effects. I initially had the pedal on Pedal 4 with External 4 set to Pedal 4. The Pedal was set up as Momentary in the I/O menu. However, it functioned as a latching pedal, not momentary.

So, I tried it Pedal 1 with similar settings. Initially, it worked, but backwards. After updating firmware, it no longer works. So I tried using one of the internal footswitches with Control 1 and that works fine.

Anyone have similar issues with external momentary switches? If so, how did you resolve?

did you find a solution?

Thanks Peter,

Yes, I did. I had to set the pedal up as Continuous, not Momentary and I also set it up as External 2. Also had to switch the polarity on the Boss pedal to make it not work backwards. Now it functions, but I still need to fine tune the way the controls work. I get a consistent initial volume drop when I use it add reverb or delay or distortion so I need to learn which parameter is causing that.

Back
Top Bottom