Expression Pedal trouble

Hi there,

I have these 2 expression/volume pedals i own and can use to control some wha or pitch and their problems. I don't use it much, but I need my occasional wah or so here and there.

-Boss EV-5, this pedal starts bringin up the expression when it is halfway pushed in. Cannot use that.
-Ernie Ball Volume pedal, this starts giving expression but it is far from lineair. I changed the diagram in de expression pedals settings to make it work but I'm not really happy with that. this is what I use now.

I was just wondering what kind of expression pedals are used different thant these and which ones are giving a good lineair expression. and if it is plastic it would be OK too because the EB is a little heavy. I am trying to get everything in one 4HE case roadready and want to travel light.

I used the modded behringer before the FCB1010 and those expression pedals worked really fine and lineair IMHO. But the MFC is great at everything else and ginves me so much more options, I cannot go back to the FCB1010.

Any advice is very welcome!

greetz
Casper

Aha, ok then for my next little moment of GAS (which I don't really have anymore since the Axe came out) I will get a Mission.
for now I could actually fix the EV-5
So I opened up the EV5, seemed that this pot started in a dead spot. I unscrewed this little imbus connection between the arm that connects the pedal to the pot. Then turned the pot a little, fixed the little imbus again tight and calibrated the thing, works again. Not from 0-127 but from 106-126 or so....not really neat but for now OK.
Apparently the EB needs a new lineair pot to work well, but that's a helluvajob.

Thanks for the input Scott!

Regards from Holland,

Casper

Back
Top Bottom