Export a Single Block?

jamn4jc

Experienced
I want to use a few effects blocks in presets on my AX8 with my Axe-FX XL. Is there a way to export just a SINGLE block out of AX8-Edit? I know that I can use the "Save As Blocks In Library" to export all of the blocks.

Create a patch with just that block, export from AX8 and import to XL, then save the block to your XL library.

Very helpful, thank you!

I just realized that by saving a block to the library, you are essentially "exporting" it. I have never had any reason to dig in to the file system to watch what is actually happening under the hood. I use the Blocks Library quite a bit on the AX8, so I already have a lot of my blocks exported to where I can transfer them to the Axe-FX. I was stuck thinking that you would export a block in manner similar to how you export a preset. When exporting a preset, you can choose the destination folder and file. With blocks, they are saved to a fixed location (probably configurable) and you are not prompted for the location.

Now, I know.

I have a simular question if i may ask.

I have a patch from a ax8 and i want to use it in a fx8 mk2, i was told fractool would do it, which is does, but it removes the fxs from the end, which is what i want to keep.

is there any way to get around this ? i have yet to receive the f88 so im not sure what would happen if i just imported the ax8 into it.

I have a simular question if i may ask.

I have a patch from a ax8 and i want to use it in a fx8 mk2, i was told fractool would do it, which is does, but it removes the fxs from the end, which is what i want to keep.

is there any way to get around this ? i have yet to receive the f88 so im not sure what would happen if i just imported the ax8 into it.
You cannot directly import AX8 blocks into FX8. Also if the wanted effects block from the AX8 is not in the FX8 I believe the Fractool will not convert.

I understand the amps and cabs wont be there, which is fine, im happy with my amp, its just effects i want to use.

the patch i want to use currently goes Vol/pan - Wah - Drive - amp - peq - gateexp - cab - enhance - chorus - delay - reverb - delay

so all i want is drive - peq - gateexp - enhance - chorus - delay - reverb - delay.

Id love to play with the software so i can see if it can be done before i buy the fx8, but it seems like i have to buy it to try it ?

I understand the amps and cabs wont be there, which is fine, im happy with my amp, its just effects i want to use.

the patch i want to use currently goes Vol/pan - Wah - Drive - amp - peq - gateexp - cab - enhance - chorus - delay - reverb - delay

so all i want is drive - peq - gateexp - enhance - chorus - delay - reverb - delay.

Id love to play with the software so i can see if it can be done before i buy the fx8, but it seems like i have to buy it to try it ?
All of those effects are already in the FX8 except for maybe Vol block. Not sure on that one.

Why do you need effects blocks from the AX8?

to be honest :), i dont know, Im very new to Fractal thinking, i have used old fashioned stomp boxes for 30 years.

I have been given a patch that was created on a ax8, but have been offered a fx8 in my price range and i dont what to invest money into the wrong piece of gear.

so my thoughts were,
convert the syx file to the fx8 - it was missing the last two effects.
export the block separately and add them to blank patch, which i assume will have the settings from the original syx file

i maybe going down the wrong path, but i dont know enough about the Fractal to be able to make a educated guess.

Also, if you already have the AX8 and just want to use effects, just remove the amp and cab block.

The problem you are having with converting the AX8 preset to FX8 is that the AX8 has gridline and the FX8 does not. It appears that you just want to use effects and still use real amps so best if you just start from scratch.

With the FX8 you will still be able to setup as scenes with different effects-one at a time or multiple at once- or just as a regular stomp box.

AX8.pngFX8.png

ooohhhhhh!!!! (light bulb moment!)

thank you for persevering with me, not having being able to play with the edit software i haddent noticed the differences

Back
Top Bottom