ENGL Steve Morse 20 Signature amp

Looks like a cool little amp. Lot of features there! Nielsen's vid is great. Wow, that noise gate works really well.

Last edited:
I think these are the type of amps we will see going forward with tube amps! the price is pretty competitive as well when comparing it to say a Suhr PT15 IR!
Agreed. 100w heads and 4x12 cabs, aside from touring musicians, are fading away. I'd love to try out a PT15 IR. I tried out PRS MT15 few weeks ago and it sounded huge. It was pretty bare on the feature set though. This Engl design looks cool. I'd be more than happy with a decent delay/reverb built in. also 0 watt is going to appeal to apartment players.

Agreed. 100w heads and 4x12 cabs, aside from touring musicians, are fading away. I'd love to try out a PT15 IR. I tried out PRS MT15 few weeks ago and it sounded huge. It was pretty bare on the feature set though. This Engl design looks cool. I'd be more than happy with a decent delay/reverb built in. also 0 watt is going to appeal to apartment players.
I bought a used PT15 IR about a year ago and tried it out for a few days. I was really second guessing the whole digital thing and thought why not try a hybrid. The PT does the Marshall pretty good the IR and reactive load does a great job of translation for the most part. I still would have had to add a pedal board and didn't really want to go that route.

I would up selling it off and decided to stay with FAS. This head however would be great with a light weight 112 and a 3 button midi switch!

So they took the Ironball 20 SE, swapped the faceplate for a blue one and called it the Steve Morse Signature 20? :wink:

I like it, doubt I’ll buy it. I was looking to buy a Revv amp through the custom shop for coverings in my choice but all the new fangled stuff had me thinking heck if I’m going to get into IR territory why not look to a product that lets me have it all. Fx3. However I hope people start dumping their 4x12 and 100heads faster so prices drop because I’m dreaming of some I would like, cheap!

No. They worked for four years with Steve Morse to get this. Completely different gain structure and EQ, more vintage than metal.
That's the main reason I'm looking at it, the vintage take is very appealing to me! I just wish the cleans leaned more to the Vox side.

I like it 🙂
just not quite dropping $1600 kinda like it
Ha, Yeah it is a little spendy but when you consider what your getting it's actually not a bad deal. The REVV G20 head is about $500 less new but you don't get Delay, Verb, Gate volume boost, Midi or a second channel. The Suhr Pt 15 IR is another 1k new but to be fair you do get Suhr's reactive load which is $600 new but still no effects or Midi.

I think ENGL did their homework as where to price it! Depending on how popular it gets I suspect as time goes by you will find them used a little less expensive. I think a used REVV G20 is fetching $750 or so.

I'd love a tube amp, and I'm a Steve Morse freak...but $3,000 AUD, that's a bit dear for me. The Australia tax strikes again.

I'd love a tube amp, and I'm a Steve Morse freak...but $3,000 AUD, that's a bit dear for me. The Australia tax strikes again.
To bad you can't find a way to export those pest birds you guys have all around you they bring around 1k a hit here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom