Wish Egnater Armageddon

hensh!n_vfs

Inspired
Around 10 years ago I remember these amps being released and they were popular around that time. They're not often spoken about in regards to "holy grail" or "glorious" high-gain amps these days, however, they sound great and included some cool features like a built-in ISP noise gate. I believe Misha Mansoor was a fan of them for a while. I searched to see if anyone requested them in the Axe before and was surprised that no one did. I would love to use one in the Axe FX III.

Egnater Armageddon Specs

In the linked video, he mentions that the Engl Invader was around the same time. Perhaps the Invader stole some of the Armageddon's thunder.

Perhaps the Invader stole some of the Armageddon's thunder.
In the Ultra we used to have an Egnater Rebel 20...
Cliff, 5/2011: "As for Eggie… It's just a Blues Jr. with no negative feedback."

So on the subject of stealing: think again who started it... ;)

You reminded me of an Egnater IE4 I loaned for a day (saw it used by Michael Bolton's guitarist on TV around 1992) and loved all the LA type sounds. At the time, it was the best clean I had ever heard (probably a copy of another amp we already have ;) ). I was amazed how "just another clean" could make such a difference through my TC G-Force and Boogie 20/20.

As I was pretty clueless about tube amps in general I never liked the other channels of several world class preamps... lol :blush: :rolleyes: (IE4, CAE, ...). I did get a nice Larry Carlton feel by plugging something into the wrong jack of another pre :p I did like the Boogie Quad preamp for the most part, as I was able to use that with proper equipment at good volime.

Back
Top Bottom