Editor mobile app: will it ever come?

Im guessing the problem would be a lot of people would complain its android only instead of moving away from crapple... That company makes life impossible for 3rd party developers. It would also be a cost center as almost nobody would buy a fractal simply because of a mobile app, so the ROI to build the app and maintain it is probably a stretch.

For a fully native app, I imagine the UI/UX would really be unbearable to actually use in practice, even on a tablet. It would have to be a minor subset of all the stuff you can do with Axe-Edit to even make much sense on a touchscreen enabled device in my opinion.

A realistic option could be a remote control type app that still relies on the software running on another machine on the same network. Logic Pro has this and it's somewhat usable for quick tasks. I've done something similar with remote connecting to a PC running Axe-Edit so I can remotely control things and it's usable but honestly not super great.

edit: while I'm here, a huge shoutout to the folks who make Axe-Edit a thing, it's such a wonderful piece of software that's really elegant to use despite being so powerful and feature-packed. 💚

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom