Editor keeps crashing when Ax8 is plugged in....

talkbackradio

So a bit of background first - I was using originally using the Ax8 Editor on a 2014 Macbook Air (running Ventura from memory); with absolutely no issues.

I've recently upgraded to a 2019 iMac running Sonoma. Since installing the software, it loads fine when nothing is connected - however the moment I connect the Ax8, the Editor crashes. That being said, if my Ax8 is already connected it loads for a second then crashes. If I restart my mac and load the software all seems fine, until I go to click one of the blocks, then it crashes. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall to no avail. CCleaner doesn't help. This is a bit out of my area as I've never encountered this problem before, and nothing from Google seems to be helping this time.

I checked my firmware, I am running the latest; however I installed Fractal Bot and repatched the firmware file to see if this would help. It didn't.

Any suggestions would be of great help, thanks in advance!

I’m not sure if the AX8 editor has been updated to support Sonoma 14.6 (or the upcoming Sequoia). Last update I saw was in the 10s. If it works on others, but not there, unsupported OS would be my guess.

Give FAS support a ring or email, and I’m sure they’ll verify.

Running a Mac M1, 2020, with Sonoma 14.5 and having no issues. Clicked through all the loaded blocks, did a backup using Fractal Bot. All good-to-go.

As mentioned above ^^^ contact FAS Support.

I’m not sure if the AX8 editor has been updated to support Sonoma 14.6 (or the upcoming Sequoia). Last update I saw was in the 10s. If it works on others, but not there, unsupported OS would be my guess.

Give FAS support a ring or email, and I’m sure they’ll verify.
Hey, as far as what I've read online it works fine with Sonoma. From what I've noticed, the Editor opens fine if I don't have my Ax8 connected, but the moment I connect it and turn it on - the program crashes. It seems it has something to do with the Ax8 itself, however the firmware is all up to date and it all worked fine on an older Mac. I'm really at a loss here but I have contacted support. Thank you

Hey, as far as what I've read online it works fine with Sonoma. From what I've noticed, the Editor opens fine if I don't have my Ax8 connected, but the moment I connect it and turn it on - the program crashes. It seems it has something to do with the Ax8 itself, however the firmware is all up to date and it all worked fine on an older Mac. I'm really at a loss here but I have contacted support. Thank you
The only other thing I can suggest, if you haven’t tried, is swapping the cable connecting the two. Use the shortest one you can. Sometimes the longer cables cause odd connection issues with one computer but not another. Good luck!

The only other thing I can suggest, if you haven’t tried, is swapping the cable connecting the two. Use the shortest one you can. Sometimes the longer cables cause odd connection issues with one computer but not another. Good luck!
Yes, I suspect a bad cable...

Back
Top Bottom