Edit Delay L/R Time Ratio via Control Switch

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
I have a question about this. I know how to add a control switch to this parameter, however, I notice when you adjust the L/R Time Ratio, it also automatically adjusts the "Feedback R" which is ideal, but when I add the L/R Time Ratio to a control switch, it no longer automatically adjusts the Feedback R anymore.

Does anyone know how to have these react the same way? My goal is to try and have my 1/4 delay at 95% L/R Time Ratio, but when I want a wider delay, hold down the same button that activates my delay (make it a control switch), and then it will change to 75% L/R Time Ratio, which will in turn auto adjust the Feedback R as well as it normally would.

I suppose I could just change the channel to do this in the same fashion, but it got me curious on how this would be achieved, because I think a channel change would make a slight gap.

Make the control switch also modify Feedback R.

If you want this to work the same way on multiple channels where you'd typically set different (left) feedback values, use one Feedback L value for all and adjust master feedback instead.

Make the control switch also modify Feedback R.

If you want this to work the same way on multiple channels where you'd typically set different (left) feedback values, use one Feedback L value for all and adjust master feedback instead.
Thanks for the reply! So, would I then for example (for knowing the numeric values) set the L/R Time Ratio to 95% which makes the Feedback R 21.7%, and then change the L/R Time Ratio to 75% which makes the Feedback R 29.9%, then simply adjust the control switch for the L/R Time Ratio and Feedback R to reflect those numeric values? Is that how that works?

Yes, you can check how the value changes with manual adjustment and make the modifier do the same thing.

Also, I didn't think too carefully about the master feedback suggestion above. If you dial some change as Feedback L and the rest as master feedback, it will keep the L/R decay rates more even. Say you set your main delay sound up with feedback L at 30%, and you want it at 20% on another channel. Instead of just setting master feedback to 67%, something like Feedback L = 27% and Master Feedback = 74% will be more even. (It can't be exactly "correct" for both time ratios then, but you can probably find something that keeps the decay rates close enough.)

Yes, you can check how the value changes with manual adjustment and make the modifier do the same thing.

Also, I didn't think too carefully about the master feedback suggestion above. If you dial some change as Feedback L and the rest as master feedback, it will keep the L/R decay rates more even. Say you set your main delay sound up with feedback L at 30%, and you want it at 20% on another channel. Instead of just setting master feedback to 67%, something like Feedback L = 27% and Master Feedback = 74% will be more even. (It can't be exactly "correct" for both time ratios then, but you can probably find something that keeps the decay rates close enough.)
Interesting! Thank you for the reply! I'm gonna have to read that a couple of times to fully understand this haha

Back
Top Bottom