Wish Dyna-Cab Load Bypass Option

DJD100

Power User
Dyna-Cab decompression and loading adds considerable time to the boot sequence, which under emergency stage conditions, i.e. a crash, is a problem for those not using Dyna-Cabs, i.e. those using guitar cabs, another cab sim, or standard IR's.

It would be great to be able to defeat the Dyna-Cab decompression and load sequence from the boot operation, via a setting to shorten the boot time as desired.

From Yek: "Alternatively, enable this function through pressing one of the switches at power-up, like the HOLD switch when switching on the power to bypass the loading and decompressing of Dynacabs".

Last edited:
Sounds useful! Anything to quick recovery. I wonder if background load is precluded?

As DynaCab tech has me enjoying CabLab for the first time, I’m not really building with the built in DynaCabs.

Perhaps a
It would be great to be able to defeat the Dyna-Cab decompression and load sequence from the boot operation, via a setting to shorten the boot time as desired.

Alternatively, enable this function through pressing one of the switches at power-up.
Like "HOLD switch .. when switching on the power to bypass the loading and decompressing of Dynacabs".

As folks were discussing an FM9 "crash" that was really likely just a bad software state earlier, it got me wondering about "soft reboot" options. We have safe boot analogous to desktop computers, but not really a "restart finder" option. If I read it right, the user's FM9 was operable enough to get through on effects until another song break, so it seems like some other "break and refresh" command might be a more direct way of getting a unit up and running after the occasional glitch in firmware manifests. Just a thought; doesn't replace wish. Thanks.

+1
Would also request an option to permanently disable them.
Don't get me wrong DynaCabs are nice and i'm glad Fractal ported them to the FM3 but after finding a couple of good ones i am content with having them as IRs.

Back
Top Bottom